Sure Cuts A Lot 2 - How To Import SVG Files Video Tutorial

The main benefit of Sure Cuts A Lot is having the ability to cut Fonts as well as SVG files. Understanding how to download and import SVG files is an important part of using Sure Cuts A Lot. In this video you'll learn about:

• Downloading SVG Files
  • Working with Zip Files (What is a Zip File, How to identify Zip Files, How To Unzip a Zip File)
  • Importing SVG Files
  • Sizing SVG Files (Keep Proportions)

SCAL 2

SCAL 1

15 Responses to “Sure Cuts A Lot 2 - How To Import SVG Files Video Tutorial”

1. Andrea P. February 26, 2009 at 8:20 pm #

Thank you so much for this tutorial! I just received SCAL as a V-day gift and now I know how to use it (import SVG files)!!!

2. Patty March 5, 2009 at 11:55 am #

thank you for the tutorial I am waiting for my scal to arrive. thank you once again

3. Sharon Ostler March 7, 2009 at 12:36 am #

I just made your Luck of the Irish card — your video made it so easy, I hope to see more of these.

Thanks, Sharon

4. leslie folks March 8, 2009 at 9:55 pm #

funny how you make everything so simple it took me seriously 3 weeks to figure that out…your going to save me tons of frustration!! thank you!

5. Donna April 8, 2009 at 3:18 pm #

I can’t believe how easy this was!! I thought I was too old to learn this stuff. your tutorial was so easy. Thank you thank you thank you

6. Carol June 21, 2009 at 10:49 am #

I just purchased my SCAL yesterday but I’m having difficulty controlling the speed & pressure when cutting. Because of this, my paper gets torn everytime. I’ve not been able to cut 1 page without damaging the paper. Is there something I’m doing or not doing? Please help, I’m getting fustrated.

• leokowal June 21, 2009 at 10:57 am #

You can control the speed and pressure from within Sure Cuts a Lot. The speed dial on the Cricut does not work in conjunction with Sure Cuts A Lot.

You can control the speed by clicking on the Edit option and selecting Preferences. Under the General Tab in the preferences section, you can adjust the cut speed.

7. Julie September 2, 2009 at 11:36 am #

Now that I have imported SVG files and opened them, how do I actually put the files in the SVG files?

8. Nina November 23, 2009 at 4:37 am #

Is there a toutorial on how to trace a pattern and make it into an svg file? If so please let me know. Thanks

9. Cathy-Lynn Tkalcevic January 7, 2010 at 8:15 am #

This was very informative especially to me because I’m brand new to this hobby and just purchased SCAL. Thank you so much and I am looking forward to more of you videos.

10. dina January 26, 2010 at 12:34 pm #

thank you. i wish i would have found you guess sooner and not have wasted so much time trying to figure it out on my own. the video was VERY HELPFUL. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Lydia February 9, 2013 at 7:51 pm #

You have the best tutorials. Don’t stop doing this, you are great!

12. Sandra August 31, 2013 at 10:48 am #

Thank You Leo so much for the help. It is nice to know that there are sill some good people out there. willing to go out of their way to help!!!!!