Video Tutorial: Multi Layer Cuts in Sure Cuts A Lot

Do you have an SVG kit that uses multiple layers / cuts for one element and are not sure how to cut it properly in Sure Cuts A Lot? This tutorial will walk you through the process from start to finish.  We hope you enjoy the tutorial and if you have any further questions, please use the contact form at the top of the page!

This tutorial covers:

• Cutting multi layered shapes that are the exact same size
  • Cutting multi layered shapes that are different sizes
  • and more

SCAL 2

SCAL 1

28 Responses to “Video Tutorial: Multi Layer Cuts in Sure Cuts A Lot”

1. leslie folks March 8, 2009 at 8:27 am #

that was really helpful thank you i have so much to learn with this!!
    thanks for the video!

2. Debbie Pugliese March 17, 2009 at 10:04 am #

Thanks so much for the layering tutorial. I thought I was pretty good with SCAL, but that really helped when it came to layering. I always wondered what to use that “Keep Proportions” button for! Now I know, so thanks! Debbie Pugliese, Florida

3. Elaine July 5, 2009 at 10:29 am #

Thank you for providing this layering tutorial. Now I know how to go about it properly I will use it more often.

4. Holly S July 10, 2009 at 6:04 pm #

I absolutely love svgcuts.com…this video is easy to understand-I am so glad to learn the proportions box trick-Thank you!

5. Julie R July 17, 2009 at 6:56 pm #

thanks Leo… i’m just tackling layering… after watching this, i think i can do it now!

6. Tracey Smith July 17, 2009 at 9:23 pm #

Thanks so much for the video! It is very informative and helped alot!

7. Jeanne July 26, 2009 at 10:42 pm #

OH WOW this explained so much to me! Thanks so much!!

8. Jackie September 14, 2009 at 7:57 pm #

Thanks so much for the video! You explain everything so well!

9. Linda October 4, 2009 at 4:40 pm #

thanks for the tutorial..I too have so much to learn and appreciate all the help I can get…I know I am going to have fun with this

10. Michelle October 10, 2009 at 2:46 pm #

That so extermely helpful! Thank-you for providing such clear and detailed instructions/explainations!

11. Beverley Swart November 9, 2009 at 10:49 pm #

Wow..you guys are super cool…Love all the files and Thank You so much for the easy to follow video tutorials..Love them..

12. Kathleen Smith November 24, 2009 at 3:52 pm #

Just want to say a huge thank you for sharing your expertise with us all and for sharing all the cut files, much appreciated.

Thanks
    Kath

13. gsveet December 31, 2009 at 3:12 pm #

Thank you so much for doing all of these how-to videos. They are extremely helpful to me, as I am a very visual person! I am so excited to begin using my new Sure Cuts a Lot!

14. Cathy-Lynn Tkalcevic January 9, 2010 at 5:11 am #

I appreciate your videos so much!! They’re so informative and you’re such a great teacher. THANK YOU!!

15. KraftyKatsy February 15, 2010 at 3:08 pm #

Thanks so much for this tut. It makes things so much easier for me. I’m still really new to scal. I bought it a lil while ago but haven’t had too much time to work with it yet. I was wondering how to adjust the length…but after watching this tut I see I don’t need to. Thanks again =)

16. Kathleen March 6, 2010 at 1:50 pm #

Thanks so much for the the very clear tutorial. I just bought the program yesterday and these tutorials will certainly help make me more successful using it!

17. Wendy, Ottawa Ontario March 22, 2010 at 4:22 pm #

Have just purchased my cricut expressions and the decision to do so was because of the sure cuts a lot software. I have ordered and received my software (this week) and since I am on vacation, I am waiting until I return home in a few weeks to get started.. It is killing me to not be able to set up and experiment but I left my usb cable at home. In the interim, I have been watching the tutorials and I just wanted to thank you for all the great information that you have made available. It was the availability of this instructional material that gave me the confidence to take the step and purchase the machine and your software.

18. cheryl April 7, 2010 at 12:05 am #

Ta Leo, easy peasy.

19. MONKEY April 25, 2010 at 8:40 pm #

THIS IS SO GREAT. I JUST NEW MY GRAND KIDS WOULD LOVE PLAYING WITH ALL THE SVG’S. MY GRANDSON 8YRS, WAS HERE AND WE PLAYED FOR ALMOST 3 HOURS, WITH GRANDPA ORGANIC FARM. WE HAD THE BEST TIME TALKING AND VISITING AND MAKING MEMORIES THANK-YOU THANK-YOU. SOOOO GLAD WE HAVE LOTS MORE TO PLAY WITH.

20. Deebi27 October 10, 2010 at 8:25 am #

Great tut! I have saved this for future use…he,he!

21. Melissa October 15, 2010 at 8:28 am #

Thanks so much for tutorial..can’t wait to get my software in so I can “play”! Been watching all the tuts in the meantime. (you have such a soothing voice!) :)

22. Winterbird November 29, 2010 at 11:26 am #

I don’t know what I’d do without these tutorials!! Thanks so much for taking the time to make them.

23. LK December 9, 2010 at 6:51 pm #

Thanks!

24. Karen December 14, 2010 at 7:42 am #

Thank you so much for sharing this video, I will look like a pro in no time!!

25. Zemla123 September 27, 2011 at 4:51 pm #

Thank you so much for this video. You saved me alot of future headaches. Smooches!!!!!!!!

26. Bev April 20, 2012 at 4:02 am #

I enjoyed this tutorial and found it very informative. Thanks for sharing.

27. Abigail April 30, 2012 at 3:39 am #

I love your blog!

28. Persnickity Sloan June 18, 2012 at 6:10 am #

Thank you so much for this. I have had so much trouble visualizing the layers. This helps a lot.