Celtic Card Tutorial for Sure Cuts A Lot

Send someone the luck of the Irish with this clever Celtic Card! Make this beautiful St. Patrick’s Day card using your Cricut and Sure Cuts A Lot software! The step by step video tutorial below will walk you through creating the card from start to finish. Below you’ll find the supply list and the dimension chart that you can reference during the tutorial. All of the dimensions are mentioned in the tutorial, but we included the chart in case you want to print it or just reference it during the video! Enjoy and make sure to leave some feedback! The SVG files for this tutorial can be purchased by clicking here for $3.99.

The elements from this tutorial are part of a larger collection from the Studio of Mary Rudakas. The Mega Pack includes 70 SVG files from 4 seperate SVG sets.

As mentioned in the video, if you need help extracting your SVG files and / or learning how to work with SVG files, click here to watch the “How to Import an SVG File” tutorial first. Importing SVG files is covered in the video below, but not in the level of detail as the “How to Import an SVG File” tutorial. Start with the tutorial below and and if you need it, click on the “How to Import an SVG File” tutorial for additional help!

Here’s what you’ll need:

• Celtic Card SVG File Kit (Click here to purchase for $3.99 )
  • Three shades of green (letter-sized or 12″ x 12″)
  • Light Tan (letter-sized or 12″ x 12″)
  • Medium Tan (letter-sized or 12″ x 12″)
  • 12″ x 12″ paper of your choice for envelope (Only for Cricut Expression)
  • Glue
  • Pop Dots or Zots
  • Dark brown ink pad (optional)

Dimensions:

SVG File Paper Color Dimensions (Width)
clovers.svg Medium Green 1.871″
text.svg Light Tan 3.348″
darkgrn.svg Dark Green 4.234″
celticknot.svg Light Green 4.563″
card.svg Medium Tan 9.958″
envelope.svg Any Color 10.3″

19 Responses to “Celtic Card Tutorial for Sure Cuts A Lot”

1. Lora February 25, 2009 at 5:29 am #

This looks awesome – thanks for sharing.
    I can’t make it this year due to a broken shoulder but look forward to using it when I can.

2. Vicki February 25, 2009 at 6:41 am #

Wow, thank you for the tutorial and the files. This makes a very nice card.

3. Sue Kestner February 25, 2009 at 7:21 am #

Thank You!

4. Lisa Ralston February 25, 2009 at 7:23 am #

Where do I click to get the freebie? Help! LOL
    Lisa

• leokowal February 25, 2009 at 7:24 am #

The download file is in the “What You’ll Need” section of this post! Enjoy!

5. Eileen February 25, 2009 at 9:04 am #

Thank you so much. Can’t wait to make a few of these cards.

6. Donna February 25, 2009 at 9:12 am #

This is going to be my first real project using SCAL! Thank you so much for sharing – and for the tutorial…I know I’ll learn a lot making these cards! (I hope this will work with the baby bug!)

7. Carmen February 25, 2009 at 1:29 pm #

Thank you so much for the tutorial showing the w dimensions and the free files too. I’ve created cards in SCAL before, but I didn’t have an envelope. From now on, I will use your card and envelope templates. It was very easy to follow along and the voice is very soothing.

Carmen

8. maryrudakas February 25, 2009 at 1:53 pm #

Thanks so much for all the kind words! It’s our pleasure – this was really fun for us to put together!

Donna, does the Baby Bug use the 6″ x 12″ mat? If so, you can certainly do this project with it (just not the envelope).

Lora, so sorry to hear about your shoulder – omgoodness! Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

9. Dawn February 25, 2009 at 2:01 pm #

Thanks so much that was great!! hope to see more.

10. Jackie Pickett February 25, 2009 at 2:42 pm #

Thanks a million for sharing! What a great kit. Jackie

11. diamondust February 25, 2009 at 4:10 pm #

Thanks so much for all the free downloads! Now to get them unzipped and use them!

12. Kristy February 25, 2009 at 5:26 pm #

Thank you so much for the wonderful tutorials and free SVG’s. This is my first project since buying SCAL and I’m so excited!!! I am definitely going to subscribe to this site for future SVG info!! LOVE THIS SITE!

13. Leslie Risner February 25, 2009 at 8:35 pm #

Thank you so much. Your work is great! I can’t wait to make the card.

14. Alice February 25, 2009 at 9:22 pm #

Looks like fun – I’ll try this weekend! Can’t wait – thanks so very much ~AW

15. Kym February 27, 2009 at 7:11 am #

Thank you so much for the free svg kit and the tutorial. It was real fun to make and easy too.

16. Suzan February 28, 2009 at 11:29 am #

Thanks for these free svg images. This will be my first time trying out my Cricut with the software sure cuts a lot.

17. colleen March 2, 2009 at 9:35 am #

Thanks so much for the great tutorial. I find I don’t use my Cricut unless I can follow something like this. I am not creative enough to figure it all out myself but I feel and my cards look like I am a real pro. I hope you continue to design cards for all season and post more tutorials. I wish that you would completely show how to score the envelope. My card looks great but I don’t know how to score the envelope and it looks bad. Thanks so much I well check this site often.

18. Kathy March 3, 2009 at 11:31 am #

Thanks so much for the svg file. I made the card and it so precious I can’t decide if I want to send it or keep it.