Video Tutorial (Windows XP): File Organization and How to Burn a CD

Is your SVG Collection starting to pile up and you're worried about what might happen if your computer crashes? Do you want to take some precautions to protect your data?

The hard drive is one of the most vulnerable components in our computers because it contains parts that are constantly moving. A hard drive is made up of a stack of platters or disks that are constantly spinning at very high speeds. In addition, the hard drive also has a needle-like arm (similar to that of a turntable, but more advanced) that reads and writes data to the drive thousands of times a day using electromagnetic technology. The hard drive WILL eventually stop working, so creating backups of your data is very important! We have created a 12+ minute tutorial that shows you how to organize your files and create backups to CD using Windows XP!

If you have any additional questions, please use the contact form at the top of this page!

This tutorial covers:

• Desktop Overview
  • Working with Zip Files
  • File Organization
  • Backing up SVG files by burning them to a CD
  • and more...

Part 1

Part 2

12 Responses to “Video Tutorial (Windows XP): File Organization and How to Burn a CD”

1. Lorraine May 7, 2009 at 9:30 pm #

Wonderful tutorial. I thank you ever so much for all the information you share with us. It is greatly appreciated

2. Dolores Marschall May 11, 2009 at 5:38 am #

Thanks for a clear, helpful tutorial. The next step for me is a logical way to keep this process current and easy to identify. If I burn copies today, then download additional files each day for the next week, where do you store them and then burn them so you don’t have duplicate copies of burned files and yet they stay origanized? Thanks again.

3. CAROLE COOK May 13, 2009 at 12:20 am #

Thank you so much for such a clear tutorial, i’m going to have a go at this,
    Love your tutorials, so easy to understand. thank again

4. Debbie Pugliese June 9, 2009 at 8:29 pm #

Thank you so much for the tutorial on burning SVG’s to c.d. I have the same question as Dolores above had: Is there an easy way to add the new files I buy to the c.d. I burned? I really hate to waste so many c.d.’s, especially when I’m constantly adding new svg’s to my computer! Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Debbie

• leokowal June 10, 2009 at 9:53 am #

You can actually burn to a CD more then once, so you can just add the new ones as you go. If you have a CD-RW (Re-writeable) you can also add them, but the process is different.

5. A Franklin June 18, 2009 at 11:09 am #

Thanks so much for the tutorial.
    I have saved files and freed up my computer desktop.

6. Sandra August 24, 2009 at 4:38 pm #

I helped me alot thank you for all the tutorials.They are very helpful
    Sandy

7. Kay C September 15, 2009 at 6:23 pm #

Thanks for the tutorial! Helped not only with SVG files but other things as well. Kinda computer illerate. So learned something new today!!!!

8. Gabrielle September 22, 2009 at 2:21 pm #

Thank you SO MUCH for explaining the organization and CD Burn process so clearly. I have worked on computers for the last 20+ years, and never received any kind of organizational training on my computer. I wish I had known how to do this years ago. Plus, the value in purchasing from SVGCUTS.COM is priceless. We get AWESOME SVG files, PLUS the training on how to organize, store, and use them! Thank you so much – finally someone who really is customer focused and is not out just to rip people off! You really want your customers happy, and I am a new and very happy one! God Bless!

9. Ginger C October 19, 2009 at 7:19 pm #

If we burn the file to a CD or DVD when we want to use the file do we put the CD or DVD back in to bring up the file or only use it as a back up

10. Billie October 26, 2009 at 5:52 am #

I really like your instructional videos. It really helps to have someone explain things with simple layman terms. Thanks for doing this so we can understand they why’s and how’s of our computers and SCAL.

11. joyinj ( Barb ) February 27, 2011 at 9:51 pm #

This tutorial is awesome and thank you so much for all of your time and help. I am new so learning a lot. Sort of on overload. thanks again
    Barb