Mary's Corner - Wedding Card Tutorial for Sure Cuts A Lot

Welcome to the first installment of Mary's Corner! Just to get you up to speed, Mary's Corner is brand new feature on SVGCuts.com and will be full of great tutorials that will help you get the most out of your SVG collections! In each episode, you'll get a table that contains the exact dimensions for the project as well as a High Definition video that you can follow along with. These videos will be filmed in HD so that you can watch it in full screen High Definition on your monitor! Its going to look and sound great!

Note

The card in this tutorial was created using 3 seperate SVG collections from our store and 1 free SVG file from our blog. The collections required are linked in the Dimensions table below!

High Definition Video Tutorial

Dimensions

Click on the names of the SVG Collections to learn more about them in our store!

Note: In Sure Cuts A Lot, click the "Keep Proportions" box in the properties window for each shape before typing in the width specified.

A6 Sized Envelope and Cards SVG Kit
envelope.svg 10" wide
rect_folded_b.svg 6.25" wide
oval_scalloped.svg 4.2" wide
3D Flowers SVG Kit (Begonias folder inside Extras folder)
petals.svg Cut 3 using these dimensions
1. 2.7" wide
2. 2.7" wide
3. 3.5" wide
My Big Day SVG Collection
banner.svg 4.18" wide
bow.svg 1" wide (Cut 2 of these)
swirly.svg 4.3" wide (Weld 5 together)
Elegant Bride Free SVG 06.02.09
bride_bottom.svg 3.15" wide
bride_top.svg 3.15" wide
Mini Flowers- Just use whatever small simple flowers you may have. Size to about 0.3" wide. Cut 3 to 5 of these.

13 Responses to “Mary's Corner - Wedding Card Tutorial for Sure Cuts A Lot”

1. Tamara Bennett June 11, 2009 at 11:23 am #

Wow Mary! that card is beautiful! THank you so much for showing us how you did it. I think i rely too often on making cards using stamps instead of things I’ve cut on my Cricut. You’ve inspired me to get back in SCAL some more! Thanks!

2. Ansa June 11, 2009 at 12:53 pm #

I LOVE the card. I do have the 3-d flowers….but I havent used them yet. After watching this, I think Ill have to u se it. Your videos really helpful!
    ansa

3. Barbara June 11, 2009 at 12:58 pm #

thanks guys for the tutorials. I am one of those who needs just a little more visual. I also like the chart that comes with the design.
    thank you.

4. Archie Paterson June 11, 2009 at 1:21 pm #

Thanks Mary for some great cards, I can’t wait to make some, also thanks for the Tutorial, very easy to follow.

You have created some beautiful cards, keep up the good work!

5. Annel June 11, 2009 at 2:00 pm #

THANKS…I love the tutorial I was looking for a wedding card and I will try this one…thanks agian love it.

6. Theresa June 11, 2009 at 3:30 pm #

Thanks for the tut. i usually need a visual to convince myself that i can do it.

7. Christine Hall June 11, 2009 at 4:52 pm #

wow another superb project.

8. Anita June 13, 2009 at 6:59 am #

I love all your files and especially the tuts. I bought the flower kit and use it all the time, so easy and gorgeous. Thanks again for all the help you give everyone. Anita

9. Carmen June 13, 2009 at 9:57 am #

This is a beautiful card and awesome tutorial. Thank you for showing me the different ways to use all my files. Please keep inspiring us. Now I can use my collection of svgs I have bought from you.

Carmen

10. Diane June 15, 2009 at 7:56 am #

What a wonderful card idea using your great cuts!! Finally got a chance to see it today-weather here has been gorgeous so not much time at the computer… Super tut!! Love the HD too! Thanks Leo & Mary (Dynamic Duo)for making an already great site/product even greater!! Will make the card for a wedding next week-THANKS!

11. Elaine June 24, 2009 at 4:22 pm #

Thank you Leo and Mary for such a wonderful video tutorial. I have a wedding coming up and need to make a very special card. You are both an inspiration to me, please keep up the good work.

12. Lynne Ciavarra October 19, 2009 at 6:19 am #

Just getting around to watching. The card is gorgeous. thanks for the great videos, Mary and Leo!

13. Stephanie June 5, 2010 at 12:14 pm #

Thank you so much for the step by step tutorial. I just finished making this card for my cousins wedding. It turned out spectacular! This was my first attempt at making a fancy card so it took me quite a few hours. Well worth the time.