Mary's Corner - Paper Chrysanthemum Pumpkin Project

maryscornerpumpkinblog

Fall Mums Created Using SCAL!

Hey everyone! We had a lot of fun creating this festive decoration.  The official start of Autumn is almost here and we are so excited!  We made it using some craft supplies in our arsenal, some simple cardstock and our new free 3D Chrysanthemum SVG.  Your family and friends won't believe you made these flowers yourself out of paper!

Project Requirements

• 8 to 10 3D Chrysanthemums (sized at about 3" wide each) using our Free SVG File from 9.12.2009, the Chrysanthemum 3D Flower
  • A small orange Funkin (available at Hobby Lobby, JoAnn Fabrics, Menards and AC Moore)
  • Florist's wire, tape and foam
  • Spanish Moss, Autumn ribbon and a small scarecrow on a stick (got ours at Michaels)
  • Hot glue gun or other strong glue
  • Small piece of cardboard and scissors

Video Tutorial

Paper Suggestions

• AC Cardstock

16 Responses to “Mary's Corner - Paper Chrysanthemum Pumpkin Project”

1. Carmen September 12, 2009 at 3:11 pm #

You guys are so cute together, hee hee. Thanks for the video and the awesome chrysanthemum. I have a question about the glue. How do you keep it from clogging up? I love it, but I hate it when it does that. I put the top on immediately after I use it, but the next time I want to use it I have to curse!! – not really, I don’t curse, but I do get very frustrated.

I’m working on my next project :0

Carmen

2. leokowal September 12, 2009 at 3:35 pm #

Aww Geez (blush) thanks Carmen! We want show people who we are! We want to make friends, not just customers!

3. Becky September 12, 2009 at 4:01 pm #

Awesome as usual—Mary where did you get your stylus that you use?
    Thank you both for all your hard work
    Becky

4. nicole September 12, 2009 at 5:05 pm #

You two look so adorable together. Thank you for another great project.

Nickey

5. Cyndi - Dreams Unltd September 12, 2009 at 5:59 pm #

I’m new to SCAL, so was very happy to find your site! Thanks for the great freebies, and I’ll be purchasing some of your others very soon.

You may have done this, but since you didn’t mention it others may not know. When using florists tape, if you stretch it before you start winding it around the wire, it sticks to itself better and is easier to use!

6. Veronica September 12, 2009 at 9:21 pm #

Yes, you guys are awesome. It’s a fact.

How do I get a job with SVG Cuts like you guys?

Veronica
    in CA

7. Cynthia September 12, 2009 at 9:39 pm #

Totally love this project can’t wait to make this one and thanks so much for your freebies, especially at this time with our economy where its so hard to keep up with your hobbies. Thanks for your genorosity… (:

8. Mary Rudakas September 12, 2009 at 10:31 pm #

Aw thanks Carmen! It IS some quick-dry glue isn’t it! You do have to put the top on asap when you’re not using it. Especially when it’s a new bottle because then the glue is closer to the top (air hole). I noticed when the glue’s low in the bottle it doesn’t dry out or get clogged. If it does, I poke it out with a pin or a skinny stylus.

Becky, I got my stylus at Hobby Lobby in a pack of three (all double-ended) over in the drawing pads aisle. I think people use them with tracing paper to transfer a sketch to a canvas or something like that.

Thanks you guys! Glad you like! :D

9. Diane September 13, 2009 at 1:53 pm #

They are simply beautiful!! Loved the tutorial! Fun to see you guys enjoying what you do so well! I have the 3D Flower Set so am anxious to try them–thanks so much for the idea!! You guys are awesome!!

10. KimJ September 15, 2009 at 11:53 am #

These are just absolutely gorgeous! Thanx so much for sharing the file! I cannot wait to give them a try!

11. Cheryl September 16, 2009 at 6:01 pm #

These are so cute! I was just reading through the instructions for the svg file, but still was head-scratching, so I was very happy to be able to see how you put the flowers together. :) Thanks, Mary and Leo!

And everyone is right about how cute you two are together! :)

12. Theresa September 16, 2009 at 7:28 pm #

Thanks you guys. I always like to see it done so I don’t mess up myself. Good job.

13. Penny Duncan September 18, 2009 at 3:02 pm #

What a FUN video….you two did a wonderful job….your flowers are adorable!!!!!

14. Bonnie September 25, 2009 at 4:42 am #

Oh thank you so much for the SVG and video. You made me want to make some of these for a decorative flower arrangement for my craft room.

15. Tammy Criminger October 9, 2009 at 6:32 am #

Awesome, thanks for all the great inspiration and direction.

16. Louise de Jong October 17, 2009 at 10:12 am #

Thanks for this great free svg, project and the video!
    I love your video’s! They are very helpfull and fun to watch!

kindest regards,