Video Tutorial: SCAL Lib It Up Tutorial for SCAL 2.0

In this video, we'll show you how to create a library file for Sure Cuts A Lot using Craft Edge's SCAL Lib It Up software.

Note: Based on personal experience and testing, it seems that too many library files can substantially slow down Sure Cuts A Lot's start-up time and possibly its stability. It is recommended that you do not install too many library files. Rather then taking all of your SVG files and adding them to your library, use the library as repository for some of your most popular files, files that you access on a regular basis.

15 Responses to “Video Tutorial: SCAL Lib It Up Tutorial for SCAL 2.0”

1. Michele September 15, 2009 at 6:26 pm #

Wonderful. I never knew what that LIB IT UP was. Now I know. You are one awesome dude!

2. Tammy Criminger September 16, 2009 at 6:07 am #

Wow that’s so awesome. Thanks, I’m so excited!

3. Sole` September 16, 2009 at 6:28 pm #

Wow. Thanks Leo. This will save tons of time even if I can only load my basic scallop shapes. About how many would you suggest would be safe to add? 20, 30, 50?

4. Charlene September 18, 2009 at 4:35 am #

Thank you so much for all of the videos. I’m CONSTANTLY back here looking for more!! I have one question, How do I delete shapes from the SCAL Library? I think I’ve added too many and it takes FOREVER to open my SCAL program. Once again, thank you for all of the FREE information. I would never have been able to figure out a lot of stuff without it.

5. Wendy September 29, 2009 at 3:19 pm #

I can’t wait to use the new “scal lib it up”. I have watched the tutorial several times and there are parts that I still find confusing. Is there a PDF file that I can print out in order to follow the directions more carefully?
    Thank you for all the wonderful things that you are providing!! Wendy Sorensen

6. Kristine October 10, 2009 at 12:39 am #

Thanks so much for the tutorial. It was very easy to understand! I come to this website a couple of times every week because it ROCKS!! Also thanks for being so generous with your information and .svg files. I really appreciated what you do!

7. Cookie October 17, 2009 at 2:56 am #

Hi There!
    First I’d like to say How much I truly Love my SCAL!!!! <3 And Tutorials!!!
    I too experienced very slow start-up time Very Early on when using my scal. It was taking upwards of 6-7 minutes to open, so, I decided to stop putting "My SVG Libraries" permantly into SCAL and instead made separate folders on my Desktop in "Groups" to keep them quickly available by using the Import SVG option in SCAL. I am pretty sure I had to go into my Windows Explore and copy the libraries over into the New folder to quickly size down the storage space being used, then I deleted them out of SCAL. It sped loading SCAL up considerably! Thank You Again!!! I get the newsletter-I just upgraded to 2.0 – I've been a Cuttin' Fool!!! Happy Halloween Everyone! Cookie

8. Cheryl Dunn October 17, 2009 at 4:54 pm #

I can’t fing the SCAL LIB on my computer. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Cheryl

9. Tamsen November 1, 2009 at 7:59 am #

Thank you so very much for your videos.That is one of the main reasons for me buying this program over the cricut’s ds.Now the only problem I have is when I download a dingbat I have nothing to open it with. Please help

10. Robin November 4, 2009 at 4:29 pm #

Thanks You so much for this software and tutorials. I love this. It is some much fun to play with.

11. Deb November 14, 2009 at 12:57 am #

I just ordered the software and am waiting for my cricut to arrive to use it. Your video tutorials are fabulous, thank you.

12. Jeri December 24, 2009 at 11:20 am #

I have tried several times to get this into sure cuts a lot by following both ways. It appears that it works – but the libraries are not there. Help!

13. Alan January 1, 2010 at 9:02 pm #

I do not have the Craft Edge’s SCAL Lib It Up software in my program.

14. Lyla April 10, 2010 at 8:43 pm #

WONDERFUL TUTORIALS!!!!

15. Liz Hodge January 14, 2011 at 10:23 am #

I downloaded the Lib It Up software but it keeps closing down on me. I get the error message APPCRASH. Any help would be appreciated.