Sure Cuts A Lot 2 – Welding 101 – Video Tutorial

Welding is a great way to combine text, library shapes and SVG files into seamless objects that cut as one piece! Unlike the Path / Union feature, welding allows you to create seamless objects while maintaining the properties and characteristics of the individual elements that make up the final product!

In this video tutorial, you’ll learn about:

• Adding type to the mat using Type Tool
  • Using the Keep Proportions check box
  • Changing font size
  • Changing the font of type on the mat
  • How to use the Weld check box
  • Grouping / Ungrouping Text
  • Overlapping and manipulating individual letters
  • Selecting and working with multiple elements
  • How to preview the cut
  • Welding SVG file from Personal Library
  • Blackout function
  • Shadow function

Sure Cuts A Lot 2 Welding

Part 1

Part 2

11 Responses to “Sure Cuts A Lot 2 – Welding 101 – Video Tutorial”

1. Gabrielle Rogers June 2, 2010 at 2:06 pm #

Love it! Thanks Leo!

2. Cely June 2, 2010 at 2:10 pm #

I did not know about the shadow value…..big help….that will be very useful. Thank you for another great tutorial

3. Barbara Smith June 2, 2010 at 2:42 pm #

Thank you, that will be very useful. I’m going to try it out right now.

4. Julie June 2, 2010 at 3:05 pm #

Thanks for the tutorial! I would like to know how to get my Sure Cuts A lot screen to be laid out like the one in the tutorial. I love the way the mat is laid out.

5. agarygirl June 2, 2010 at 4:54 pm #

I thought I knew all there was to know about welding. Thought it was one of the few things I had a handle on in SCAL, but sure enough (as always) there were lots of little tid bits of info that you presented that I did not know and will make working with SCAL easier and boost our creativity. Thanks so much for sharing your time and expertise.

6. MaryNSC 1121 June 3, 2010 at 12:48 am #

I have been trying to do this for 2 days

I LOVE U !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!

7. Melitza June 3, 2010 at 8:46 pm #

You are a great teacher, your manner is very clear and somehow you make the tutorials simple. Thank you

8. Sandy Hoy June 7, 2010 at 9:10 am #

Thanks for the great tutorials! They are easy to follow – it’s just like getting one-on-one coaching.

9. Martha June 7, 2010 at 7:26 pm #

I have learned sooo much with your guys’ tutorials. I have had SCAL for over a year now and didn’t know much about all this cool features!!

Thanks a lot

10. carolyn behrens July 21, 2010 at 1:48 pm #

Thanks so much–learned a lot, especially about shadowing. Now though, I wonder if you can help me figure out how to weld a word inside an oval. I seem to want those for my scrapbook pages but I can’t get it to work. Thanks so much, C

11. pam tucker November 30, 2010 at 11:28 am #

At last. Been so unable to do this without the centres of letters disappearing when I welded (in a blackout sort of way). Now, after months of frustration and writings to craft edge, it doesn’t happen. Still don’t know why but it has worked by following your tutorial. Must look up the others and see what else I’m missing.