Sure Cuts A Lot 2 – Tools Panel – Video Tutorial

The most commonly used panel in Sure Cuts A Lot 2 is the Tools Panel. In addition to being the most commonly used, this panel is also the most powerful and gives you the ability to add and manipulate objects on your mat. The Tools Panel is responsible for adding text, drawing lines, editing nodes and so much more!

In this video tutorial, you’ll learn about:

• Selection Tool
  • Selecting, manipulating, moving, resizing and rotating objects
  • Zoom In Tool
  • Editing nodes
  • Path >>> Exclude function
  • Path >>> Union function
  • Vertical Type Tool
  • Type On Path Tool

Sure Cuts A Lot 2 Tool Panel

Note: fullscreenDon’t forget to view the video full screen and in HD. Click on the full screen and HD buttons at the bottom right of the YouTube videos and experience the video in full resolution! High speed internet is recommended for HD. HD button is made available after starting the video.

Part 1

Part 2

14 Responses to “Sure Cuts A Lot 2 – Tools Panel – Video Tutorial”

1. Joanna Walker June 9, 2010 at 6:12 am #

OMG!!! I have been trying to figure the type on path for sooooooooooo long. thank you sooooooo much. you just made my day.. I have 6 Birthdays and Fathers day this month.. Trying to make special cards for all. this will help to realy make them special… Thanks again.
    Joanna

2. Chantelle Ebben June 9, 2010 at 7:55 am #

This was very helpful. I cannot wait to use the “Type on Path” tool.

Thank you!

3. Darcy June 9, 2010 at 9:49 am #

Many Thanks for all your Hard work and extra effort that you give. You are making it alot easier to learn. I am very Grateful to you.

4. Cindy J June 9, 2010 at 10:07 am #

BEST.TUTORIAL.EVER!

The “princess” project was priceless; and your explicit explanations of the drawing tool features as well as typing on a path were as inspiring as can be. :)

Thank you!

5. George Fujimori June 9, 2010 at 12:59 pm #

Hi Leo,

Just returned to using SCAL. I have V. 2.012. My tools window is not like yours. I do not have the option of typing on shape. Perhaps I am missing some info?

6. Bee June 18, 2010 at 12:50 pm #

I love your tutorials! They are so helpful (I am no computer whiz!) and you have a knack for explaining things clearly and simply, without talking to people like they are dumb (like some other craft videos out there ;-)).

Thank You!! :-)

7. Allison Ellis October 6, 2010 at 12:06 pm #

Another great tutorial. I thought I knew quite a lot anout SCAl but it seems I was wrong!

8. Winterbird December 13, 2010 at 4:25 pm #

Having these tutorials is like having my own “techie” living here! Thanks a million!

9. Charity December 16, 2010 at 12:40 pm #

Are these tutorials done on a laptop or desktop? I am having trouble drawing the draw line like on this first tutorial plus I can’t use spacebar to move things around using the hand…please help…very frustrated!!:(

10. Lynden January 25, 2011 at 1:47 pm #

Thank You so very much for this and all the others! ;-}

11. Martha Haley February 3, 2011 at 11:44 pm #

Thank you so much for the tutorials!! I am having a girls weekend scrap and am so excited to know what I am doing when I make my first SCAL cuts! Yahoo!

I am wondering if the type on path feature was moved in version 2? I can not find it!

Thank you again so much!

12. Martha Haley February 3, 2011 at 11:58 pm #

never mind about the version 2 thing…. :P I looked back up there… ugh.

Anyway… thanks for all your work! your tutorials are GREAT!!

I still would like more info about making the type to a path feature work on my screen like yours did! :)

13. Martha Haley February 4, 2011 at 10:45 am #

Hi again! I just came back to tell you that I figured out how to do it!! I had to click and hold the ‘T’ button on the toolbar for a second for the text menu to come up. I kept clicking it before ans no drop down bar would come up…

But we are good now!

Thanks again! I can’t wait to finish watching the tutorials!

14. flijenny September 17, 2012 at 6:17 pm #

Thank you Martha for your comments! I was able to get the type on path to work with your troubleshooting!!