Sure Cuts A Lot 2 - Trace Image Feature - Video Tutorial

Sure Cuts A Lot 2 has the ability to trace various bitmap (raster) files so that you can cut them with your cutting machine! Learning how to use the Trace Image feature is very important as it will help you get cleaner cuts which will result in extending the life of your cutting machine! Cleaner cuts will make your projects look great too! This is a must see!

In this video tutorial, you'll learn about:

• Disabling Quicktime for Importing Images / Expanding the variety of files available for conversion
  • Using the Trace Image feature
  • Locating input file for tracing
  • Brightness setting
  • Corner setting
  • Optimize setting
  • Comparing optimized and non-optimized traced elements
  • Despeckle
  • Break Apart Outlines
  • Layers Panel
  • Turning layers on and off
  • Saving traced images to SVG
  • Importing saved traced images

Sure Cuts A Lot 2 Trace Image

Video Tutorial

9 Responses to “Sure Cuts A Lot 2 - Trace Image Feature - Video Tutorial”

1. Joanna Walker June 8, 2010 at 11:31 am #

You just answered several questions I had about. I learn something new with every video you make. thanks for helping me get better with SCAL. sure does help. Joanna

2. Carmen Lucero June 8, 2010 at 12:49 pm #

Thanks soooo much Leo, this will make it easy for me to use SCAL, now that I have all the details explained to trace an image.

Carmen

3. Pam June 8, 2010 at 1:24 pm #

I used this feature hubby wanted decals for a 4wheeler he was fixing and the decals we could no longer get.So i used my camera and this feature i will post a pic soon.

4. Michelle August 5, 2010 at 8:47 am #

Will this work for .png files?

5. Michelle August 5, 2010 at 12:26 pm #

OMG that is so awesome Leo. I have thousands of .png files that I used to use when I was doing digital scrapping. Guess I better get busy! Thank you.

6. Janet Lambert October 4, 2010 at 6:50 pm #

Thanks so much for the tutorial it makes using the Sure Cuts Alot 2 so easy to use.

7. jane June 27, 2012 at 2:28 pm #

hi can anyone help? Everytime I trace a file I’ve got it’s too big for the mat when I’ve converted it. It’s size 2480 x 3508, can anyone tell me how to make it smaller as for some reason won’t allow me to make it smaller when placed on the mat.
    Thank’s

8. jo-anne July 2, 2013 at 1:10 am #

I have purchased your luxury handbags files and would like to move the images from the hobo purse file ie. separate them onto separate pages to cut different colours but when i break apart or ungroup them they move but the kiss cut lines stay at the origin. how do i get one image ie the pocket to move with the kiss cut intact. regards Jo Lee. p.s I am very new to this craft and haven’t cut much because I’m still trying to work out software.