Are you ready for Trick-or-Treating yet? Our Lil’ Peeps are! These spooky little characters are only 2.3″ tall, and I used Peachy Keen Stamps for their faces and candy buckets. I created the Dracula, Frankenstein’s Monster and Witch from our Trick-Or-Treat Lil’ Peeps SVG Collection at only 2.3″ tall, and they make the cutest little scene.
- AC Cardstock
- Spook Alley by Making Memories (2009 – retired)
- 12×12 Witch Pad by Martha Stewart Holidays (2009 – retired)
Inks and Embellishments Used
- Black Ink
- Green ribbon with black dots from Michaels
- Black button by Basic Grey
Here are the sizes, SVGs and papers I used. Keep the proportions of each shape and size to the width given below. For the candy buckets, use the Break Apart function in SCAL to break apart the orange
|Trick or Treat Lil’ Peeps SVG Collection|
|Dracula||1.6″ wide||Various solid colors|
|Frankenstein’s Monster||1.6″ wide||Various solid colors|
|Witch||1.6″ wide||Various solid colors|
|bucket_top1.svg (Extras folder)||0.75″ wide||Orange (Break Apart and delete face)|
|bucket_bottom.svg (Extras folder)||0.75″ wide||Black|
|A6 Sized Cards and Envelope SVG Kit|
|oval.svg||3.7″ wide||Orange Pattern|
|rect_zigzag.svg||4.1″ wide||Spooky Trees Pattern|
|rect_folded_b.svg||6.25″ wide||Black with Dots (Card Base)|
|envelope.svg||9.5″ wide||Bats Pattern|
- I inked the edges of Dracula’s cape in black, which added a nice touch.
- For the candy buckets, be sure and “Break Apart” top layer and delete the jack o’ lantern faces. At this tiny size they probably wouldn’t cut very well.
- For the cute faces, you could draw simple faces with a black felt-tipped pen or even use googly eyes. I used the Monster Mash Face Assortment by Peachy Keen Stamps. For the jack o’ lantern candy buckets, I used the 3/8″ faces from the assortment. For the Lil’ Peeps faces, I used the 5/8″ stamps from the assortment. You could even use the plain “Everyday Character” faces from Peachy Keen to make your Lil’ Peeps look more like cute kids who are dressed up.
- My black ink pad didn’t stamp as dark as I would have liked. I think I need to pick up a new one next time I’m at the craft store!
- I used leftover paper from 2009 for the card base. First I cut out and assembled my Lil’ Peeps and then I held them up against various papers to choose the paper for the oval first. Then put that up against other papers to choose your zig-zag paper and then your card base.
- If you have some of the “cute” character faces from Peachy Keen, it’d be fun to make other Lil’ Peeps for this card instead for more of a cute card – maybe the Princess, the Bee and the Jack O’ Lantern Free SVG!
I hope you have fun with your final Halloween preparations! If you’re feeling crafty, there’s still time to make some party decorations or treat bags for special trick-or-treaters or even cards! Happy crafting!