Cut The Craft - Provo Craft Vs Craft Edge & Beta Testing

With so much going on in the world of personal cutting machines, we are up to our heads with news and information! Instead of writing everything out (BORING), we've decided to present the information in the form of a  podcast / internet radio show.

I discuss the recent Provo Craft lawsuit and how it may impact users of Sure Cuts A Lot software. I also discuss the progress we are making with machine beta testing (Silhouette SD, eCraft by Craftwell, and the Lynx by Black Cat). I also answer various questions from our fans and customers.

Play

The first episode of Cut The Craft was not broadcast live, but that may change depending on the feedback we get. We have lots of cool ideas floating around and hope that we are able to bring them to life! Here are just a few of them;

• Interviews with crafters, bloggers, craft celebrities and companies
  • Product reviews (cutting machines, paper, embellishments etc)

25 Responses to “Cut The Craft - Provo Craft Vs Craft Edge & Beta Testing”

1. Beth April 20, 2011 at 8:38 am #

Thanks for sharing the valuable information with us! We really appreciate it!

2. Lenae April 20, 2011 at 9:03 am #

Nicely done Leo. Very professional and neutral. Still crossing fingers for the ecraft. Was your ecraft older? Is that what you were saying?

3. Natasha April 20, 2011 at 10:04 am #

Love it! Any chance you can get the podcast on iTunes so I can listen on my iPod where ever I am? I don’t know what that would entail but just a thought! Love this website!!!

4. leola April 20, 2011 at 10:26 am #

hope provocraft gets their butt kicked like the cell phone companies, i feel if i purchase an item i own it , and what i do with it is my own business, they limit a persons creative ability.
    The main point is if i buy it i paid for it therefore i own it. just my thoughts

• SVGCuts April 20, 2011 at 10:34 am #

Very good point Leola!

5. Donna Davis April 20, 2011 at 10:39 am #

Nice podcast Leo. Thanks for taking the time to produce this venue consolidating the information already in the forum but making it easier to get and more pleasurable to consume. I look forward to future podcast on your progress in testing machines and cutting the legalese of the lawsuits to an understandable level.

6. Margaret April 20, 2011 at 10:59 am #

Very well done Leo! Thanks for doing this. I’m eager to hear more about all the different machines.

7. Joan April 20, 2011 at 11:26 am #

I was going to upgrade to SCAL 2 but my SCAL 1 is just fine for what I am doing right now. I am afraid to upgrade if I can’t use it on my Cricut in the future. Would it be something I should do now since I may not be allowed to do so after the lawsuit is settled?

• SVGCuts April 20, 2011 at 1:37 pm #

It would be a good idea to get it now as the future is uncertain.

8. Lynne April 20, 2011 at 12:03 pm #

What a great idea to do this as it is so much on everyones minds at the moment. Your podcast was very well presented. It was informative and well balanced.Looking forward to hearing more. I enjoyed it and I know we can trust what you are saying. Thank you

9. Kathy Stutzman April 20, 2011 at 12:29 pm #

Excellent broadcast! Very professional sounding. Leo’s voice recorded nicely.

10. Debbie April 20, 2011 at 3:50 pm #

Thanks so much for this – and I look forward to your detailed reviews of the cutting machines. In particular, I took the plunge on an eCraft and remain somewhat disappointed in it. I think it might fill a niche for high volume, low complexity cutting – but in that case, I will need something else for more detailed cuts.

11. joy leith April 21, 2011 at 5:07 am #

ugh that totally sucks now!!!!! i mean good for you guys out there but bad for me since im deaf and like to read whats going on! oh well happy crafting!

• SVGCuts April 21, 2011 at 9:52 am #

Joy, we’ll still post written information! Don’t worry :)

12. Mary Ann T April 21, 2011 at 5:23 am #

Just a note to thank you for the update. I am looking forward to future updates on the beta testing, especially of the Pazzles. These machines are a huge investment for the home crafter, so having help reliable information on my options is just invaluable.

13. Cheryl April 21, 2011 at 6:10 am #

Cut the Craft episode was very informative. I especially thougt you explained the lawsuit so I could understand what was happening. I love your SVGs and use them often. Will be looking forward to more Cut the Craft!

14. Tammy D April 21, 2011 at 12:33 pm #

Great Job. It’s a shame that Cricut decided not to play nice with the others. I just keep thinking of how far they could have gone if they would learn to work with the others. It is their prerogative but I don’t think it was in their best interest. They sure did swing the door wide open for their competition.

15. Katie April 21, 2011 at 9:31 pm #

great job, thanks for keeping us up to date with all this scrap…It helps me in making my choice of cutters to know from someone that has hands on experience….so thanks again!!!

16. Gabrielle Rogers April 22, 2011 at 12:53 am #

Awesome job, Leo! Thanks so much for providing all of this info for us! You are soooooooooooooooooooo good to your customers! :)

17. Linda April 22, 2011 at 12:43 pm #

Thanks for all the information. I am going to have to start investigating on a new die cutting machine.

18. Patricia Lee April 23, 2011 at 12:01 am #

Hey leo

You’re the best!!!! Love the information – hate the fact that I have yet buy anoither cutting machine – the world of retail consumption is going to drain my wallet! Would love to get a approx. cost for each of the machines mentioned on the podcast and a ranking of each one once all the testing is done…..sigh!!!! Thanks for continuing to focus on the cut file creation part – I thoroughly enjoy all the cut files and great support that is coming from SVG Cuts!!!!

19. Janet B April 25, 2011 at 1:40 am #

Thanks for the really informative podcast Leo. I downloaded it to my iPod so I can listen to it over again. Please keep up the good work you are doing. Because of what you have done with testing the different machines, I am now looking seriously at replacing my Cricut in the near future so I can be sure that I can still use SCAL!

20. Kathleen April 25, 2011 at 8:40 pm #

Thanks for the clear information. I have heard so much on my svg yahoo group. It can get a bit overwhelming when you are a crafter and our cutting machines mean so much to us. Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you are doing with your business and what you all are thinking.

21. Barb June 7, 2011 at 7:02 pm #

Thanks so much for explaining this whole
    fiasco. At least I understand a little bit better now. Actually a lot better. Thanks again!

22. Margret June 8, 2011 at 11:47 pm #

Thank you for providing the information and reviews on the various cutting machines. I have loved using the svg files and your website as a source of information and inspiration. This is a great idea as in the tutorials.