With so much going on in the world of personal cutting machines, we are up to our heads with news and information! Instead of writing everything out (BORING), we've decided to present the information in the form of a podcast / internet radio show.

Artist Penny Duncan joins Cut The Craft to discuss her experience with the Black Cat Lynx personal cutting machine. Although she was intimidated at first, the Lynx "which she named, Sable) has found a forever home in her craft room. Also, host Leo Kowal discusses his initial thoughts on the Pazzle Inspiration.

Play

Links Mentioned During The Show

Help us decide what YOU want to hear! Leave a comment below!

21 Responses to “Cut The Craft - Black Cat Lynx, Pazzles Inspiration and Interview with Penny Duncan”

1. Robin April 23, 2011 at 10:39 am #

Thanks that was very interesting. I have made a decision on what machine I want.
    Thanks Again for everything you all do.
    Robin

• Marie Jane Rosell Jaime December 12, 2012 at 11:50 pm #

Hello.. :) What did you get? Im still not decided. :(

2. Sharon Field April 23, 2011 at 12:44 pm #

I so appreciate these reviews because I am trying to decide on what machine I want and I need to hear the pros and cons with each machine. Thank you so much for all your work and I will be looking for detailed info on what each machine can do!

3. Adeline Brill April 23, 2011 at 1:02 pm #

I am so excited because I decided to buy the Pazzles Inspiration this morning after watching the Pazzles video. I felt comfortable in knowing that I would not be frustrated in trying to learn this new machine as it was an easy transition from the C**^% and I am a beginner with MTC. I wanted to make sure that I would be able to use all of my files that I have purchased from you and a few either websites! Thank you for helping to make my decision!

4. MichelleMyBelle April 23, 2011 at 1:38 pm #

Thank you Leo.

5. Beverly Baxley April 23, 2011 at 3:25 pm #

Thanks for the information. Tell about cutting chipboard cutting.

6. Terri Deavers April 23, 2011 at 11:26 pm #

I follow Penny and you all so I was looking forward to this interview. I was able to see a demo of the Pazzles recently and have been watching Penny’s video about(Sable) the Black Cat Lynx. I mostly do paper crafting only, so I guess it would come down to the price point and what I would get for my dollar. I will be waiting for my C….t to quit working before I can get a new machine, so I am following these reviews closely so I can make a more informed decision. I had no idea there were other cutters out there until recently when all the controversy happened.
    Thank you for doing this. :)

7. Jane in NW PA April 24, 2011 at 4:37 am #

I just received my Pazzles a few days ago and, so far, I love it. But the mat that came with it was extremely sticky and I had a hard time getting the paper off. Luckily I am still exploring and haven’t done any final designs yet. I am sure that as the mat gets less sticky things will be much better. Got rid of my CE and don’t regret it for a minute.

Thanks, Jane

8. Rickey Jenkins April 24, 2011 at 5:49 am #

I just want to say Thank You. I really appreciate receiving the information regarding the different machines — it will help with my decision when I’ve saved up enough to buy a new machine. Keep up the good work!

9. Alicia B April 24, 2011 at 7:48 am #

Yippee Our Penny is a true star now!! Love Ya Girl! Leo, Thanks for such an amazing way to give us reviews of the different machines! It really helps since all the PC Issues as of late to help others to find a solution to get beyond the PC Hand Cuffs so to speak! *Hugs*

10. agarygirl April 24, 2011 at 9:56 am #

Thanks so much for all the info.
    Happy Easter!

11. Marilyn April 24, 2011 at 4:49 pm #

I’m loving these podcasts. Enjoy listening to the info while I craft. Penny Duncan interview was very interesting – I’m going to check out her website as well as the Black Cat.

12. Vickie April 24, 2011 at 6:07 pm #

Thank you for this VERY important & interesting information!! I’m soooooo happy to know there are other machines out there besides the Cricut that will continue to work with SCAL & SVG files (heck with the Cricut, it wasn’t exactly the greatest machine to start with). Keep up the great work Mary, Leo, and Penny!! You guys rock!!

13. Andrea April 24, 2011 at 7:58 pm #

Thank you so much for this info. I think this is really going to be fun to see what all the cutters can do and various opinions. :) Thanks so much! I really appreciate the time involved in composing this info!

14. Melitza April 25, 2011 at 11:08 am #

Thank you, This is all very informative. I plan to keep my C—-t, I have so many cartridges. I was hoping to get a new SVG Cutter around the $250.00 dollar range. Please keep us up todate on affordable machines.

Thanks again

Melitza

15. Debbie P April 25, 2011 at 8:27 pm #

Thank you Leo and Penny for some really great information. Kudos on an excellent podcast. I’ve been an admirer of Penny’s creativity ever since I got SCAL and SCAL2 and have the utmost respect for her craft and generosity. I used to be a Pazzles Mini user; loved it but then ran into several mechanical problems and switched to my CE when my Mini quit altogether. Unfortunately for me, three weeks after my CE purchase Pazzles came out with their Inspiration. I was totally bummed but my CE did the job. I’m excited to hear that the Pazzles Inspiration is compatible with SCAL. This will definitely be something I’ll remember especially if the PC/3rd party software issues causes us to use a different cutting machine. I’d hate to think that I wouldn’t be able to use my SVGCuts files anymore!

16. Linda W April 26, 2011 at 6:54 am #

Just before your podcast on the Pazzles, I’ve doing quite a bit of googling and reading on the Pazzles. Somewhere along my research, I also heard that Pazzles had a hand in helping PC develop the C cutting machine. Leo, thanks for the podcast with information on other die-cutting machines. I read about many of the machines out there and I am starting to narrow my search. Thanks again for the information.

17. Jan April 26, 2011 at 7:23 am #

Thanks for a great podcast! I’m excited to hear the great reviews and it’s even more exciting to learn that you’ll be doing more! Looking forward to them. Thanks, Leo!

18. Jamie April 26, 2011 at 9:35 am #

Any way to make that information in text format? I am Deaf and not able to listen to the information about Pazzles and the Lynx. Thank You.

19. marilyn April 26, 2011 at 4:40 pm #

question
    when i use a heart design or a butterfly or just a oval design how do
    i say its mine when everyone is using
    these designs maybe provo craft owns all the ovals

20. Kathleen April 26, 2011 at 8:27 pm #

Thank you for the information. I love Penny and feel so blessed as a crafter that she shares her talents so freely like she does. Her website is filled with videos and information that I go to regularly. I value her opinion and was glad to hear her take on her new cutter. I won’t be getting a new machine anytime soon (mine still works with scal and cost is always a factor). All this information won’t go to waste, I am filing it all away for my next cutter purchase. It won’t be a Cricut.