Cheryl's Corner - Candy Bar Wrapper

Let's face it, teachers have a really hard job, but it can be very rewarding at the same time! Let your child's teacher know they are appreciated with this adorable candy bar wrapper! I am sure chocolate would be a welcome treat.  This project can be customized for any holiday or occasion! Just have fun and get creative!

Supplies

SVG Collections Used

1.  Back to School SVG Collection
2. Robins Return SVG Collection
3. Beach Bum SVG Collection III
4. Candy Bar Wrapper Free SVG 04.28.2011

Dimensions

Here are the exact shapes, sizes and colors I used. Size to dimensions shown below with "Keep Proportions" checked in the Shape Properties window, unless otherwise noted.

Back To School SVG Collection
school_blue.svg dark blue 2.252
school_red.svg red patterned 2.252
school_white.svg white 2.252
school_yellow.svg yellow 2.252
numbers.svg (2 welded side by side) white 9.668 x 2.957
Robins Return SVG Collection
cloud_top.svg white 1.791
Beach Bum SVG Collection III
sun_bottom.svg yellow 1.032
Candy Bar Wrapper Free SVG 04.28.2011
inside.svg yellow 9.125
outside.svg yellow 7.25

Instructions

1. Cut the inside.svg and outside.svg from the Candy Bar Wrapper FREE SVG 04.28.2011
  2. Wait to do the folding until you have added your designer papers. It is easier that way.
  3. Cut svg files and assemble. Do your embossing and inking if desired.
  4. Adhere pieces to the wrapper using your choice of adhesive or dimensionals. Before attaching the inside piece, you can now fold the wrapper on the score lines.  I used Scor tape to adhere the inside piece. You need something quite aggressive to be able to hold the candy bar.
  5. Finish up adding any final touches, insert candy bar, and give to that special person. This could be mailed but you will have to comply with postal regulations on foods and such. Also will need a padded envelope.

Designer Tips

Cheryl Becker - SVGCuts Design Team Artist

Choose papers to reflect the occasion for the gift. You will want a heavy weight cardstock as this size candy bar is weighty. I use American Crafts for the base. I printed off patterned papers from a digital software program I have for scrapbooking. Designer papers will also add a bit more weight and sturdiness to the project. Adding interest with inking, embossing, and embellishments puts your style on the finished project. I added an action wobble under the school house, it gives it a bit of interest by "wobbling".  I created a computer generated sentiment in circle form and punched with a circle punch for the inside. You can use whatever you have on hand. Anyone would be thrilled to get a bit of candy on a special day or for that just because I love you occasion.

12 Responses to “Cheryl's Corner - Candy Bar Wrapper”

1. Thienly April 28, 2011 at 5:39 pm #

What a fun idea to treat your teacher! Love this, and I’ve got to try making one! Thanks, Cheryl!

2. Janie Haislip April 28, 2011 at 5:51 pm #

Oh how cute….. I just got some action wobbles and was wondering what I was going to use them on. Perfect ! !

3. Ernie April 28, 2011 at 8:42 pm #

Can someone tell me what an “action wobble” is? I’ve never heard this phrase before.

4. Tamara April 28, 2011 at 10:30 pm #

Cheryl, I just love this!! So many ways to use the wrapper! Love the white pen details!

5. amy April 29, 2011 at 2:30 am #

SSP = Super Sweet Project Cheryl!

6. Cheryl Becker April 29, 2011 at 5:47 am #

It is a plastic coil of sorts that has two sticky sides you peel off. It is stuck under an item and then when you flick it with your finger, it wobbles. Go to actionwobble.com to purchase them. They really do add that little extra!

7. Robin April 30, 2011 at 7:38 am #

My customers will LOVE these! Thank you!

8. Jan April 30, 2011 at 9:39 am #

This is the cutest candy bar wrapper I have ever seen. Thank you for sharing.

9. Jackie Koreen April 30, 2011 at 3:12 pm #

Thank you, I have been looking for these cute little springs, decided I would have to do my own, so of course it hasn’t gotten done. Thanks Jackie

10. Carolyn Hoelzle May 9, 2011 at 1:26 pm #

No matter how many ways I cut the pieces for the Schoolhouse – they do not match up. I’m using the 2.252 for the width and kewp proportions, but the red white and blue pieces do not seem to be sized to match. Help – what am I doing wrong.

11. Tammy shamblin May 9, 2011 at 2:41 pm #

Do you check keeep proportions in SCAL and set the height or width to the number listed (i.e. school red 2.25 is this the heigth or width?) Or do you put H and W at 2.25 and then check keep proportions while both are set on the 2.25? I cut and cant get them to overlay properly!

12. Kelly Borden June 9, 2011 at 6:09 pm #

Thanks for the great design! Got a chance to play with it a bit – sized it down to fit a 1.55 oz candy bar (making it fit on a 8.5 x 11 sheet of card stock). A few bits of pretty paper and some stamping, and I now have a set that I’m giving as thank you gifts to the staff members who have made my long-term sub job an easy thing :)