Let's face it, teachers have a really hard job, but it can be very rewarding at the same time! Let your child's teacher know they are appreciated with this adorable candy bar wrapper! I am sure chocolate would be a welcome treat. This project can be customized for any holiday or occasion! Just have fun and get creative!
- Heavy weight card stock (AC Cardstock - PumpkinCartCrafts.com)
- Designer papers
- 4.4 oz candy bar
- Action wobble
SVG Collections Used
Here are the exact shapes, sizes and colors I used. Size to dimensions shown below with "Keep Proportions" checked in the Shape Properties window, unless otherwise noted.
|Back To School SVG Collection|
|numbers.svg (2 welded side by side)||white||9.668 x 2.957|
|Robins Return SVG Collection|
|Beach Bum SVG Collection III|
|Candy Bar Wrapper Free SVG 04.28.2011|
- Cut the inside.svg and outside.svg from the Candy Bar Wrapper FREE SVG 04.28.2011
- Wait to do the folding until you have added your designer papers. It is easier that way.
- Cut svg files and assemble. Do your embossing and inking if desired.
- Adhere pieces to the wrapper using your choice of adhesive or dimensionals. Before attaching the inside piece, you can now fold the wrapper on the score lines. I used Scor tape to adhere the inside piece. You need something quite aggressive to be able to hold the candy bar.
- Finish up adding any final touches, insert candy bar, and give to that special person. This could be mailed but you will have to comply with postal regulations on foods and such. Also will need a padded envelope.
Choose papers to reflect the occasion for the gift. You will want a heavy weight cardstock as this size candy bar is weighty. I use American Crafts for the base. I printed off patterned papers from a digital software program I have for scrapbooking. Designer papers will also add a bit more weight and sturdiness to the project. Adding interest with inking, embossing, and embellishments puts your style on the finished project. I added an action wobble under the school house, it gives it a bit of interest by "wobbling". I created a computer generated sentiment in circle form and punched with a circle punch for the inside. You can use whatever you have on hand. Anyone would be thrilled to get a bit of candy on a special day or for that just because I love you occasion.