Get ready for 4th of July! It's time to start decorating, well at least decorating this cute, little cottage! I love this little cottage and the decorating possibilities are endless, so I chose to go Patriotic! Wouldn't this be cute to add to the food table to maybe hold rolled up napkins and plastic ware?
SVG Collections Used
- Solid Colored Cardstock from American Crafts - Get it at PumpkinCartCrafts.com
- Pattern Paper from BasicGrey
- Rhinestone Stickers from Recollections
- Strand Floss-White
- Clear Window Sheets
- Hot Glue
Here are the exact shapes, sizes and colors I used. Size to dimensions shown below with “Keep Proportions” checked in the Shape Properties window, unless otherwise noted.
|Peony Cottage SVG Kit - (Peony Cottage Box)||Size||Paper Color|
|accents4_solid.svg (I omitted the leaves)||4.00" W||Pattern|
|Main Street USA Mega Pack (House Bag, Extras,12x12)|
|blue_2_999.svg (cut 5)||3.136" W||Blue|
|red_0_765.svg (only used half circles) (cut5)||.765" W||Red|
|white_5_367.svg (only used half circles) (cut 5)||5.367" W||White|
|Uncle Sam's Extravaganza SVG Collection Part 1|
|star_top.svg (cut 2)||1.50" W||Red|
|star_bot.svg (cut 2)||1.50" W||Dark Red|
|st_top.svg (cut 2)||.60" W||Blue|
|st_bot.svg (cut 2)||.60" W||White|
|Uncle Sam's Extravaganza SVG Collection Part 2|
|swag_top.svg (cut 2)||1.50" W||Red|
|swag_mid.svg (cut 2)||1.50" W||Blue|
|swag_bot.svg (cut 2)||1.50" W||White|
- Cut 5 banners. One of the banners, cut 2 of the "swags" off and attach a piece to 2 of the other banners to make them longer. These longer banners are hanging in the front on the house. The other 2 are on the side.
- I used Clear Window Sheets for my windows and "sandwiched" them in-between the paper and cardstock. I wanted my house to have "real" windows. This also helps to keep anything from poking out the windows if you fill this up with goodies!
- I embossed the roof tiles with my Cuttlebug to add a little more dimension.
- I inked a lot of the edges with either blue or a deep red ink. I love the look of inking!
- For the bows, I just tied tiny bows and hot glued them to the ends of the banners.
- Add little gems to give it some sparkle!