I'm a huge patriotic American! I love to decorate for it too. I made this home decor piece to put on my mantle. It could really be used for any patriotic holiday.
SVG Collections Used
- Dowel rod
- Heavy gauge wire
- Sticky back gems
- Wire cutter or heavy duty scissors
- Dried beans or pebbles
Here are the exact shapes, sizes and colors I used. Size to dimensions shown below with "Keep Proportions" checked in the Shape Properties window, unless otherwise noted.
|Made in the USA SVG Kit (Letters)|
|Made in the USA SVG Kit (Embellishments)|
|Made in the USA SVG Kit (Happy 4th Card)|
|black.svg (cut 3, flip 1 of them)||4.7"||Black|
- Cut all files listed in the project.
- Assemble letters. I use my ATG adhesive to put the letters together, bottom layer only! I used my hot glue gun to put the top on the letters. 2-3 tabs at a time, making sure to line it up EXACTLY! BE SURE to watch Mary's tutorial video first or as you go along. Also, make sure you add dried beans or pebbles to weigh the letters down. TAKE YOUR TIME AND GO SLOWLY!
- Assemble pinwheel. Watch Mary's video tutorial. Be sure to use double sided paper for the nicest look. I use Scor-Tape on the ribbon that spirals down the dowel.
- Decorate letters as desired using the files that are included in the kit. Ink edges, add bling, tie on ribbon as you desire.
- Hot glue dowel of the pinwheel to the back of the letter "U".
- For the children with the flag, cut 4. Flip two of them so at the time of assembly, you can put two together . One of them, sandwich a string in between for tying on the dowel with the pinwheel so it dangles down.
- I cut all he files that are included, however, I did not use them all. I used only the ones I wanted. You can use them all, or just use the parts and pieces of your choosing.
- Use 3-4 coordinating designer papers
- Ink edges or use Cuttlebug for added interest
- You can add as much bling to this project as desired, however, you can do too much! All things in moderation, I say
- PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO
- TAKE YOUR TIME, go slowly for the neatest look
- I use American Crafts cardstock for the base of the letter.
- Don't forget to add your dried beans before putting the top on the letter. Wonder how I know that, lol!