I have had this 8x10 photo of my boys stuck in the glass of my china closet since last summer. I thought why not make a beach themed shadowbox using the photo and some shells? Add in some SVGs from SVG Cuts and here you have it!
SVG Collections Used
- Patterned Paper
- AC Cardstock
- Gradient Gem Embellishments
|Photo Cards SVG Kit - Tami's Card|
|frame_top.svg - unclick keep proportions - break apart and delete center frame||9.309" w x 10.686" h||orange patterned paper|
|Edisto Island Cards SVG Kit - Spring St Beach Stand-Up Scene|
|surfboard_top.svg||1.202" w x 3.865" h||bright blue|
|surfboard_bottom.svg||1.203" w x 4.162" h||blue dot pattern|
|post.svg||4.300" w x 0.792" h||tan pattern paper|
|fence_top.svg||4.300" w x 2.689" h||cream|
|fence_bottom.svg||4.300" w x 3.765" h||brown|
|gull_top.svg||1.300" w x 0.307" h||brown|
|gull_bottom.svg||1.300" w x 0.991" h||white|
|Wave Freebie from 6/19/10|
|waves_bottom.svg||5.185" w x 2.333" h||medium blue|
|waves_top.svg||5.184" w x 2.016" h||bright blue|
- Purchase a 12x12 shadowbox from your local craft store. I get my white ones at Joanns. Other retailers carry them too. Cover the 12x12 backer with a piece of patterned paper. I used papers from Fancy Pants Designs.
- Cut the frame. Make sure "Keep Proportions" is not clicked and enter sizes. Select break apart and delete center frame. I added foam core under it to pop it off the background. (see image above)
- I trimmed my photo to 7.125 w x 8.875" h and added to the frame.
- Cut the other SVG elements - waves, seagull on fence and surf board, ink and adhere. I used 2 layers of foam core under my post and made my fence wavy. Finished off my post with some twine.
- Apply seashells and other beach elements with a hot glue gun. I picked up my shells at Michaels.
- Finished off with embellishments. I used some gradient gems from Creative Charms.
- Ink the edges of all the elements.
- Emboss elements to add texture.
- The key to a great shadowbox in dimension. Use foam core or dimensional tape.
So get those photos and create a keepsake with a shadowbox. We love summer and the beach in our house and I will enjoy looking at my boys have fun all year long.