Have you tried the 3D Letters? They are so much fun to make. I decided to make a cute summertime display for my home. I have a gazillion ideas on how to use these letters and can't wait to try other words and themes.
SVG Collections Used
- Patterned Paper
- AC Cardstock
- Foam Tape
- Hot Glue Gun
Here are the exact shapes, sizes and colors I used. Size to the dimensions shown below. (Links to files can be found in the SVG Collections Used section above)
|3D Letters SVG Kit|
|f_face.svg - Cut 2 - One paper, One Chipboard||11.000" w x 6.284" h||striped patterned paper & chipboard|
|f1.svg||11.000" w x 8.218" h||light purple|
|f2.svg||11.000" w x 5.939" h||light purple|
|u_face.svg - Cut 2 - One paper, One Chipboard||11.000" w x 6.398" h||wave patterned paper & chipboard|
|u1.svg||11.000" w x 8.365" h||blue dot pattern|
|u2.svg||11.000" w x 8.680" h||blue dot pattern|
|n_face.svg - Cut 2 - One paper, One Chipboard||11.000" w x 6.284" h||orange patterned paper & chipboard|
|n1.svg||11.000" w x 9.592" h||orange|
|n2.svg||11.000" w x 9.173" h||orange|
|3D Mums and Fall Flowers SVG Kit - Extras Folder|
|14.svg (this is scallop shape behind pinwheel)||3.500" w x 3.509" h||light green|
|Pinwheel - Freebie from 5/3/10|
|pinwheel_bottom.svg - see detailed instructions||4.820" w x 5.676" h||dot patterned paper|
|pinwheel_top.svg - see detailed instructions||4.820" w x 5.747" h||green gingham paper|
|Peony Cottage SVG Kit - Sun Lever Card|
|sun_rays_bottom.svg||3.700" w x 3.536" h||orange|
|sun_rays_top.svg||3.700" w x 3.305" h||yellow dot pattern|
|Fun In The Sun Caption - Freebie from 6/13/11|
|in_the_sun_bottom.svg||5.002" w x 1.150" h||purple|
|in_the_sun_top.svg||5.007" w x 0.920" h||orange|
- Cut all 3D portions of the letters and assemble them. I found using hot glue worked best for the straight parts, for example the "F". I used hot glue for the straight parts of the "U" and finished off the bottom with Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive (the kind Mary always uses). The glue helps to position it and move it around a bit. I recommend watching Mary's video. Click Here
- Cut the front parts of the letters. I used patterned paper from BoBunny. I also cut each letter in chipboard. Adhere the paper to the chipboard, ink edges and add foam tape under each letter to pop off the 3D portion.
- Cut and assemble the pin wheel. I added a brad to the center and hot glued it to the scallop shape. I then hot glued the entire piece to the "U". When working with the file pinwheel_bottom.svg I hit break apart and deleted the small circle. I also moved the little flower down a bit and cut from a different patterned paper. For the file pinwheel_top.svg I hit break apart and deleted the 2 circles and flower shape. For my project my pinwheel does not actually spin but you could make it if you cut and assemble all pieces. Check out Mary's Pinwheel video here.
- Cut the sun and "fun in the sun" wording and assemble. Add foam tape to back and adhere to the "N".
- Now to finish it off, embellish the letters. For all the details on which Creative Charms products I used click here.
- Ink the edges of all the elements.
- Have fun with the embellishments.
As Mary mentioned in her video try to pick one color scheme per letter to keep the design clean and consistent. Can't wait to make more of these 3D letters - they are truly so much "FUN"!