I fell in love with this set when Mary released it. I also like the step card and making a scene. So, being as it is summer, I thought a sea scape would be fun. I love the tropical paper from American Crafts, so that was the inspiration for this color scheme.
SVG Collections Used
- Designer Papers
- White gel pen
- Sticky back gems
- Dimensional adhesive
Here are the exact shapes, sizes and colors I used. Size to dimensions shown below with "Keep Proportions" checked in the Shape Properties window, unless otherwise noted.
|Topical Friends SVG Collection|
|pink1.svg||3" W||Pink Glitter Paper|
|pink2.svg||3" W||Pink Designer Paper|
|coral.svg||3" W||Pink Glitter Paper|
|Hummingbird and Flower - Flower only|
|pink1.svg||2" W||Pink Glitter Paper|
|pink2.svg||2" W||Designer Paper|
|pink3.svg||2" W||DK Pink Designer Paper|
|leaves.svg||2" W||Green Designer Paper|
|hibiscus.svg (cut 2)||1.63" W||Yellow Designer Paper|
|hibiscus.svg (cut 2, blackout)||1.63" W||Pink Designer Paper|
|palm_frond.svg (cut 2)||2" W||Green Designer Paper|
|palm_frond.svg (cut 1, flippped)||2" W||Green Designer Paper|
|coral1_top.svg||2" W||Coral Glitter Paper|
|coral1_bottom.svg||2" W||Yellow Glitter Paper|
|coral2_top.svg||3" W||Yellow Glitter Paper|
|coral2_bottom.svg||3" W||Orange Glitter Paper|
|white.svg||2" W||White Glitter Paper|
|gray.svg||2" W||Black Glitter Paper|
|orange.svg||3" W||Orange Glitter Paper|
|black.svg||3" W||Black Glitter Paper|
|white.svg||3" W||White Glitter Paper|
|torquoise.svg||2.5" W||Blue Glitter Paper|
|blue.svg||2.5" W||Dk Blue Glitter Paper|
|yellow.svg||2.5" W||Yellow Glitter Paper|
|Waves Element Freebie|
|waves_top.svg (cut 3)||5" W||Medium Blue|
|waves_bottom.svg (cut3)||5" W||DK Blue|
|waves_top.svg (cut 1, uncheck Keep Proportions)||7.8" W x 1.28" H||Medium Blue|
|waves_bottom.svg (cut1, uncheck Keep Propotions)||7.0" W x 1.81" H||DK Blue|
|Edisto Island Cards SVG Kit (Oak Manor Step Card)|
|Memory Garden Designer Page SVG Kit|
|Label2_bottom.svg (cut 1, uncheck Keep Proportions)||3.25" W x 2.0" H||Designer Paper|
|Label2_bottom.svg (cut 1, uncheck Keep Proportions)||3.25" W x 2.0" H||Ivory|
- Cut card base, score, and fold
- Cut all individual files, ink edges and use gel pen if desired. Assemble if needed. Use cuttlebug if desired at this time. I used the swirls embossing folder on the waves.
- Begin to set images in place where you may want them and move them around till you like the look. Put some fish behind coral and some in front. Get a balanced look. Pleasing to your eye. Use dimensional’s if desired.
- Glue in place.
- Add twine, if desired.
- For sentiment, stamp on ivory cardstock. With the one cut from Designer Paper, cut in half and spread apart so it extends beyond the top layer. If any spots show from the front, trim off.
- Pick your color palette. Start with your Designer Papers, maybe. Choose your solids to coordinate.
- Keep it to only a few colors, easy on the eye.
- Use inking and embossing. It adds so much! I always use my gel pen, too. But, you already knew that, lol!
- Using dimensional adhesive is nice for adding depth as well.
- Plan your placement before you stick everything down. Then you can move them around if you need to.
- On the label for your sentiment. I cut them both the same size. The designer paper one, I cut in half, top to bottom and just spread it apart. If any bits show from the front, just cut off. Adhere.
This type of project is always fun and is always fun to leave out for display. This would be great for a birthday, anniversary, or any celebration! Customize this for any occasion. Give it a try, I’d love to see what you come up with!