When the School Days SVG Kit came out I could not wait to make some Back to School Gifts for my sons’ teachers. My boys are going into 1st and 2nd grade and they are so excited about school. Then the Crisp Days of Fall SVG Kit came out and loved that kit too – thought combining the matchbox file and all the cute extras from School Days would work perfect.
SVG Collections Used
- Patterned Paper
- AC Cardstock
- Foam Tape
- Hot Glue Gun
Here are the exact shapes, sizes and colors I used. Size to the dimensions shown below. (Links to files can be found in the SVG Collections Used section above)
|Crisp Days of Fall SVG Kit - Matchbox|
|inner_box.svg||7.951" w x 10.000" h||brown|
|outer_box.svg||10.000" w x 4.458" h||patterned paper|
|band.svg||10.000" w x 1.745" h||patterned paper|
Add Ons for ABC Clipboard Matchbox
|School Days SVG Kit - Extras - ABC|
|a.svg||0.736" w x 0.719" h||green|
|b.svg||0.736" w x 0.730" h||gold|
|c.svg||0.736" w x 0.726" h||red|
|bottom.svg||0.736" w x 2.409" h||brown|
|School Days SVG Kit - Extras - Clipboard|
|board.svg||4.091" w x 2.500" h||patterned paper|
|middle.svg||4.091" w x 1.923" h||brown|
|paper.svg||4.091" w x 2.235" h||gold|
|top.svg||4.091" w x 0.943" h||silver|
Add Ons for Pencil Tag Matchbox
|School Days SVG Kit - Extras - Tag|
|bottom.svg||1.500" w x 3.102" h||patterned paper|
|top.svg||1.500" w x 2.489" h||brown|
|School Days SVG Kit - Extras - Pencils - Short Pencil|
|eraser.svg||2.909" w x 0.426" h||pink|
|graphite.svg||2.909" w x 0.301" h||brown|
|metal.svg||2.909" w x 0.771" h||brown|
|pencil.svg||2.909" w x 1.252" h||gold|
|wood.svg||2.909" w x 0.345" h||biege|
- Cut the matchbox files. I used hot glue to secure the tabs. These are really easy to put together. I also inked the edges.
- Cut the elements for the clipboard & the ABC. I used a shiny silver paper for the clip. I inked all the edges and added foam tape under the elements to add dimension. I also added some twine from The Twinery.
- Cut the elements for the pencil & tag. Ink and assemble. Also finished off with some twine.
- Fill with candy or goodies!
- To include along with the matchboxes, I covered some notebooks with patterned paper and tied some ribbon to the edges.
- I also made the school house file from the School Days SVG Kit – it was so easy to assemble! I plan to give this to a teacher friend of mine.
- Solids papers are AC Cardstock. Patterned paper is from Bo Bunny (Gold Patterned Paper & Math) & Fancy Pants (Dot Pattern). I used alot of patterned paper so I did not emboss but if you use plain paper try embossing to add interest.
If you have little ones or big ones going back to school send in some goodies for their teacher – I am sure it will brighten your favorite teacher’s day.