Give that special someone a memory that will last forever. Here is an adorable sign with a child's hand print and a heartfelt poem. Perfect for Father's Day too! This is a really simple project that anyone can do!!
SVG Collections Used
- AC Cardstock-Solids
- Pattern Paper by Deja Views-Soda Pop Summer
- Natural Hemp Cord
- Pop Dots
- Eyelets & setter
- White Gel Pen
- Paint & Brush
- Printer to Print Poem (Font is Adelaide)
Here are the exact shapes, sizes and colors I used.
|Play All Afternoon SVG Collection|
|crayon_bottom.svg (cut 4)||0.255" W x 1.570" H||Red, Orange, Green, Yellow|
|crayon_top.svg (cut 4)||0.255" W x 1.072" H||Red, Orange, Green, Yellow|
|handprint.svg (cut 2-choose blackout on 2nd one)||1.5" W x 1.5" H||Light Blue, Yellow(blackout)|
|army_men.svg||3.5" W x 1.573" H||Green|
|Sweet Designer Cards and Envelopes SVG Collection|
|pennant.svg (9-Neuf)||6.0" W x 1.205" H||Pattern|
|pennants.svg (9-Neuf)||6.0" W x 1.205" H||Pattern|
|pennant_edge.svg (9-Neuf)||6.0" W x 1.293" H||Red|
|square.svg (1-Un) (cut 3)||11.850" W x 1.698" H||White|
|card_base.svg (1-Un) (cut 2)||11.850" W x 5.640" H||White(bottom), Pattern(top)|
|All About Dad SVG Kit (Photo Card)|
|text_top2.svg||3.40" W x .771" H||Orange|
|text_top1.svg||3.40" W x 1.521" H||Light Blue|
|text_bottom.svg||3.40" W x 0.985" H||Red|
|SCAL Shapes Library|
|rectangle||5.350" W x 1.698" H||White|
|rectangle||5.350" W x 5.750" H||Light Blue|
1. Print the poem and then add your child's handprint.
2. Do desired inking around the edges.
3. Add eyelets
4. Arrange your squares and rectangles. I "popped" the squares out.
5. Add your banner and tie to the sides. I "popped" the banner out with pop dots.
6. I saved the cutout of the handprint and used it at the top of the page.
7. This project actually started out as a card, which is why I originally went with the Sweet Designer Card Collection (adorable set, by the way!!), but realized it would be too small as a card. I didn't fold the card base it half, I left it long...and voila'....a sign!
- For the Poem-I just did a search for Handprint Poems on the Internet-there are many to choose from.
- Be pepared to maybe have to do several handprint just in case. My son did great on our very first try!
- I purposely did lots of messy inking around the edges-I wanted a "messy" kid look.
- I used pattern paper for the top (background) and then added cardstock to the back for more stability.