Use this unique pumpkin design to create a beautiful, Fall decoration. Wouldn’t it be fun to make several with different scenes and display them on your mantel or table? This is easy to make by piecing together several kits and collections from SVGCuts!
SVG Collections Used
- AC Card Stock
- Twisted Yarn
- 1/4” Wooden Dowel
- Hot Glue
- Cuttlebug/Embossing Folder (Dots)
- Punch (Crop-A-Dile)
Here are the exact shapes, sizes and colors I used.
|Crisp Days Of Fall SVG Kit (Extras/Girl Silhouette Pulling Wagon)|
|silhouette.svg||6.000 x 3.074||black|
|jeans.svg||6.000 x 1.585||blue|
|sweatshirt.svg||6.000 x 1.057||red|
|wagon_bottom.svg||6.000 x 1.579||red|
|wagon_accents.svg||6.000 x 0.615||red|
|wheels_brown.svg||6.000 x 0.562||brown|
|wheels_white.svg||6.000 x 0.421||white|
|stems.svg||6.000 x 0.315||green|
|p1.svg||6.000 x 1.346||orange|
|p2.svg||6.000 x 1.479||orange|
|p3.svg||6.000 x 1.325||orange|
|p1.svg||8.000 x 1.794||orange|
|Crisp Days Of Fall SVG Kit (Extras/3D Sunflower)|
|petals2.svg||5.000 x 5.017||yellow|
|petals1.svg||5.000 x 4.995||yellow|
|center.svg||5.000 x 4.015||brown|
|Crisp Days Of Fall SVG Kit (Extras/Oak Leaf)|
|oak_leaf.svg (CUT 15)||1.007 x 1.746||various|
|Fall Frames and Elements SVG Collection|
|opals_bottom.svg (CUT 8)||11.322 x 1.342||orange|
|Pick A Pumpkin SVG Kit (Pumpkin with Lid)|
|stem.svg||10.030 x 5.416||green|
- Cut out all 8 strips. Ink the edges, if you choose, and then stack them all together. Punch a hole at each end of the strips, top and bottom. I used my Crop-A-Dile and it easily punched through all of them at once. If you use a regular punch, just make sure they all line up evenly. Still stacked together, put a brad through all the holes, one for the top and one for the bottom. Fan the strips out evenly to form the half circle shape.
- Cut and assemble the stem, ink and hot glue to the top of pumpkin, covering the top brad. Tie your twine around the base of the stem.
- Wrap the twine around the entire wooden dowel. Hot glue to the inside of the pumpkin, towards the back.
- Assemble and ink all other pieces.
- Emboss and curl ends of leaves and emboss centers of sunflower.
- Randomly glue leaves down on the bottom of the pumpkin floor.
- Hot glue the sunflower to the wooden dowel.
- Attach the girl pulling the wagon.
- Wrap and attach twine or yarn around the bottom of the stem to hide any glue or imperfections.
- Wrap twine or yarn, or even paint the wooden dowel so it looks pretty when viewed from behind.
- The wooden dowel makes the pumpkin really sturdy and helps it keep its shape.
- My pumpkin did not want to stand up straight, so I attached a small, glass rock at the bottom, back side of the pumpkin to keep it sturdy and from tipping.
Try this idea out using other holidays! Making scenes in other 3D objects would be so cute!