Silhouette Cameo - Sure Cuts A Lot 3.011

Sure Cuts A Lot 3.011 was released yesterday and with it came support for the Silhouette Cameo. By the way, it doesn't require jumping through a thousand hoops using the print method! This is a direct cut and only requires a few steps! It should only take you a few minutes, literally! Ready?

Note: If you have SCAL 2, the upgrade to SCAL 3 is free! Click here to upgrade!

1. Visit CraftEdge's website download and install Sure Cuts A Lot version 3.011 or later! Be sure to close Sure Cuts A Lot before updating!

2. After updating to the latest version (3.011 or later), launch Sure Cuts A Lot. Click Cutter in the main toolbar and select My Cutter.

3. Select Silhouette SD/Cameo from the list of compatible cutting machines.

4. Place a test file on your mat and click Cut With Cutter.

5. Select Cameo from the Silhouette Model drop down menu and proceed with your cut.

That's it!

7 Responses to “Silhouette Cameo - Sure Cuts A Lot 3.011”

1. Erin November 11, 2011 at 4:46 pm #

Thanks Mary!  I just tried it and it worked!  I was wondering if you can do a video on how to use the print and cut feature using the Cameo and SCAL 3!  YOU ROCK!!

• Julie Gallagher January 1, 2014 at 1:54 pm #

I would love to see a print and cut video too. I know how to do it and it works about 1 in 10 times but most of the time I can;t get it to detect one of the registration marks, even manually. It works fine in SSDE but I really want to use SCAL3.

2. Betty Aldred November 26, 2011 at 10:53 am #

Thank you works like a dream and still got all my old files.
    Brilliant service!!!!!!! as always.
    Betty  x x

3. Tracy November 30, 2011 at 7:11 pm #

How does print and cut work? I read somewhere the Cameo doesn’t recognize the registration marks SCAL prints.

4. Dianamariemtv December 8, 2011 at 6:23 pm #

Would you please consider offering in .dxf format to make your files easier to use with Silhouette Studio basic software? I love the two files I purchased but would be so much happier if I didn’t have to change each file individually to the format supported by my software. Might be a silly request considering you are SVG cuts lol but thought I’d ask!

5. Heather February 16, 2012 at 6:00 pm #

I use SVG files with my Cameo (basic software) by converting them in Inkscape (FREE) and then tracing with the Sil software…. works like a CHARM!  (altho you usually have to enlarge the SVG file before saving as a png or some of the details don’t trace well in the SIL).

• Kira March 14, 2012 at 11:53 am #

Hi Heather, Did you have to download multiple things for Inkscape??