Thanksgiving is a time for tradition, gathering with friends, great food and treats. I designed the “Thanksgiving Turkey Treat Centerpiece” as a fun new tradition to add to your holiday. Give your guests a treat to take home, create a fun game by adding a little prize inside one or all the treat cones. You can even put treats in the body of the turkey! When the holiday is over, fold the tail flat and tuck it all in a box for next year. This is a piece your family will enjoy for years to come and is easy to make!
SVG Collections Used
- 12 x 12 Cardstock (various colors and patterns (listed out in dimensions))
- Hot Glue gun and glue
- Twine – brown
- Cone shape, cellophane treat bags (can be purchased at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc.)
- Ink – for adding shading around edges
- Paperclips (to secure tail before gluing)
- Zots (pop dots for dimension)
- (Optional) Heirloom Traditions Stamps
|Party On Elm Street SVG Kit (Treat Cones)|
|cone.svg (cut 6)||8.980″W x 6.817″H||Sage green|
|cone.svg (cut 5)||8.980″W x 6.817″H||Deep orange|
|cone.svg (cut 5)||8.980″W x 6.817″H||Light orange|
|boo_background.svg (cut 16)||8.140″W x 5.431″H||DCWV Nana’s Kitchen Collection – Cream, sage, orange blue flower pattern|
|Pick A Pumpkin SVG Kit (Pumpkin With Lid)|
|pumpkin1.svg (cut1)||6.000″W x 4.795″H||Brown|
|pumpkin2.svg (cut 1)||6.000″W x 4.795″H||Brown|
|pumpkin3.svg (cut 1)||6.000″W x 4.795″H||Brown|
|pumpkin4.svg (cut 1)||6.000″W x 3.351||Brown|
|pumpkin5.svg (cut 1)||6.000″W x 4.937″H||Brown|
|accents1.svg (cut 1)||6.000″W x 3.407″H||DCWV Nana’s Kitchen Collection – Blue on blue flower pattern with gloss finish|
|accents2.svg (cut 1)||6.000″W x 3.407″H||DCWV Nana’s Kitchen Collection – Blue on blue flower pattern with gloss finish|
|accents3.svg (cut 1)||6.000″W x 3.407″H||DCWV Nana’s Kitchen Collection – Blue on blue flower pattern with gloss finish|
|Thanksgiving Dinner SVG Kit (Turkey Table Decoration)|
|red.svg (cut 2) *This will give you 4 heads total||11.190″W x 1.913″H||Red|
|red.svg (cut 1)||11.190″W x 1.913″H||Blue|
|wing1.svg (cut 1)||7.500″W x 3.152″H||Brown|
|wing2.svg (cut 1)||7.500″W x 2.975″H||Brown|
|(Optional ) Heirloom Traditions Stampables SVG Collection|
|heirloom_traditions.svg (cut 1) (free svg)||1.803″W x 0.719″H||Brown|
|heirloom_traditions.svg (cut 1) (free svg) to create shadow||2.305″W x 1.065″H||cream|
- Cut all SVGCuts files in the dimensions table above
- Cut blue turkey head beak off and cut around jaw bone – as seen in photos
- Ink edges of pieces before assembly
- Assemble “Party On Elm Street SVG Kit” (treat cones) as shown in Mary’s video. (Using paper glue)
- Assemble “Pick A Pumpkin SVG Kit” (pumpkin with lid) as show in Mary’s Video. (Using paper glue)
- Assembling the Red Turkey head- take two of the heads and adhered 1 Zot in the middle between the pieces, repeat this step (this will give you two heads), then glue the top edge of the turkey heads together, leaving you with one head when complete.
- Glue the blue turkey headpieces that you cut, onto the outsides of the red turkey head – as seen in photos.
- Separate the bottom of your turkey head, bend the bottom back edges in opposite directions then glue onto the front corner of your turkey body (Pumpkin with lid, see photo for placement).
- Glue wings on turkey, by bending tabs under so the wings will be lifted a bit off the body (tabs should not be visible from top view).
- Assemble fist layer of turkey tail, by hot gluing seven treat cones together in a fan shape (refer to photos for help)
- Assemble the second layer of your turkey tail by hot gluing nine treat cones together in a larger fan shape. (Refer to photos for help)
- Take your smaller fan and hold it upright (to help it stand at this point you can put a treat bag filled with something in the bottom treat cones, this will make it stand on it’s own while you glue the two fans together).
- Take your large fan and position it behind the smaller fan (this can be a little awkward to hold, so you may want to use some paperclips to hold it together). Glue the center first working your way down to the bottom. (Refer to photo of back of fan for positioning).
- (Optional Step) Use the Heirloom Traditions Stampables SVG Collection to make your hanging sign. (See photos)
- (Optional) Using Scal create a shadow for each stampables
- Poke a hole in each side of the tag you made, thread one piece of twin through one hole and knot. Do the same to the other side, trim off extra and hang on your turkey.
- Fill treat bags and tie with twine (I used Cracker Jack popcorn in mine).
- Insert filled treat bags and trim off extra cellophane to fit the fan tail height (refer to photos).
- Fill the body of the turkey with treats and enjoy!
- Ink edges before assembly
- Use paperclips to aid in assembling the two tailpieces before gluing.
- Use hot glue to glue the fantail together for stronger bond.
- No need to glue your Turkey to the tail. (This will help for storage, allowing the tail to be folded flat)
Thanksgiving is a time for giving thanks, traditions and spending time with those you love. I hope you enjoy making this Turkey treat centerpiece and creating fun new memories.