Santa Clause is coming to town! Here is a fun way give some treats, ornaments or both. Hang this fun and whimsical treat cone on the wall, doorknob or on your tree! Also makes a great gift! It’s fun to make and share!
SVG Collections Used
- Card Stock
- Paper Glue
- Silver Wire
- Wired Ribbon
- Black Marker
- Spray Glitter (Optional) – I used Krylon Glitter Blast – Diamond Dust (available at Hobby Lobby and most craft stores
- Embossing Machine and folder (I used Cuttlebug – Floral Fantsy)
- Ink (optional) for added interest
|Party On Elm Street (Treat cone)|
|Cone.svg (cut 1)||11.118"W x 8.427"H||Light Dusty Grey Blue|
|boo_background.svg (cut 1) *place 3 snowflake_top.svg, as seen in photos before cutting (dimensions below)||7.362"W x 11.034"H||Medium Dusty Blue|
|Merry and Bright SVG Kit (Joy Card)|
|snowflake_top.sg ( place 3 into boo_background.svg)||1.800"W x 1.175"H||Medium Dusty Blue|
|Santa's Visit SVG Kit (Santa Card)|
|card_base.svg (cut 1)||9.000"W x 5.404"H||Red|
|cap.svg (cut1)||9.531"W x 2.696"H||Red|
|cream.svg (cut 1)||9.537"W x 5.289"H||White|
|skin.svg (cut 1)||9.526"W x 1.816"H||Flesh tone|
|gown.svg (cut 1)||9.533"W x 2.802"H||Crem and Tann Patterned Paper|
|white.svg (cut 1)||9.527"W x 2.607"H||white|
|gloves.svg (cut 1)||9.526"W x 0.918"H||Black|
|Breezy Meadow Butterflies SVG Collection|
|6_bot.svg (cut 15 )||1.960"W x 1.488"H||White|
- In SCAL place the three snowflakes files onto the cone overlay (boo_background) file before cutting, refer to photos of Santa cone for placement.
- Cut all pieces
- Emboss all Santa pieces (excluding face)
- Emboss all butterflies
- (optional) Ink cut pieces for added dimension and interest.
- Glue Santa card_base together – since we will not be using it as a card (this will make it stronger).
- Assemble Santa (you will not need the lantern base/glove piece) just glue the gloves on to the cuffs .
- Add eyes to Santa face with marker.
- Assemble Treat cone (with snowflake top accent piece).
- Glue finished Santa onto the back, inside, top section of the treat cone (approximately ½” down).
- Glue butterflies on all different angels, overlapping them, to form a rim around front and sides of cone, leaving back plain (see photos for placement) remember to keep your side holes open.
- Lay assembled “Santa Treat Cone” flat on a scrap piece of cardboard, in a well-ventilated area and spray with Glitter Blast. Use more glitter on the cone and butterflies and lightly spray over Santa. (This is optional, but really adds a delicate, beautiful sparkle.
- Let dry
- Cut 38” of silver wire
- Fold wire in half
- Twist wire loosely, to form a whimsical hanger (see photos).
- Bend a hook in each end of your wire, then slip into holes on sides of treat cone (to form hanger).
- Cut desired amount of ribbon and attach to wire, on one side.
- Curl ribbon around a pencil, for pin-curl look.
- Add treats, ornaments or whatever you like and enjoy!
- For this project, I inked all my edges using a medium dusty blue, to keep the entire piece cohesive, plus this makes all your color papers work well together.
- Embossing makes plain papers beautiful and interesting
- Pick one embossing folder and use it for all your pieces, to give an elegant look.
- I love the Krylon Glitter Blast – Diamond Dust, because it is colorless and will pick up the colors in the papers you use. Glitter Blast also gives it a very delicate sparkle.
I love creating things that I can share and give as gifts! I think this one fits the bill well. If you decide to make this or another version of this treat cone, please share a picture on the SVGCuts Facebook page, we would love to see. Happy crafting!