Sizzix eclips Print-2-Cut Video Tutorial

The eCAL Print-2-Cut feature allows crafters to add patterns or custom colors to their SVG files and then print them with an inkjet or laser printer and cut the resulting images with their Sizzix eclips personal cutting machine. This video tutorial covers the following:

• Checking version of eCAL software
  • How to update eCAL
  • Changing from two-point registration to three-point registration
  • Downloading and Unzipping SVG files
  • Working with Zip files
  • Importing SVG files
  • Opening Layers window and how to use layers
  • Changing SVG color (fill)
  • Changing stroke (outer line)
  • Changing fill pattern
  • Finding and saving free patterns on http://www.patterncooler.com
  • Changing Cut Line Type to specify which lines to cut
  • Print-2-Cut step-by-step
  • Identifying and using registration marks
  • Ignoring Draw Lines
  • Note: this tutorial does NOT cover Print-2-Cut of JPEG / PNG files, only SVG files

14 Responses to “Sizzix eclips Print-2-Cut Video Tutorial”

1. Celeste January 4, 2012 at 5:52 pm #

Great video thank you so much…. Now you make me what this machine even more

2. Lisa Justice January 4, 2012 at 6:45 pm #

As expected, great video! Leo you do a fantastic job all the way around! Thank you so much for making it!

3. Celyinsc January 4, 2012 at 7:11 pm #

Great tutorial for working with svgs and helping explain Eclips term for “Print 2 Cut” since other machines use the same term and yet they do something totally different.  This tutorial is going to be so helpful to everyone. Thanks for all the work you put into it.

4. ms misty January 4, 2012 at 7:51 pm #

Wow! Great job Leo! We needed your expertise for the “Print 2 Cut” on this amazing machine. I Love my eClips and can’t wait to get back to crafting. Thanks for all your hard work and especially on Mary’s special day. You are a true Gem!!

5. Sparklenail January 4, 2012 at 8:42 pm #

Awesome! I have tons of plain cardstock that I can switch up to anything I want now! You did a great job explaining things at a level I could understand.

6. Chris Ashworth January 5, 2012 at 1:21 am #

As usual a great video Leo! Thanks so much. We do appreciate all the work you put in for us and the simple way things are presented and explained! You’re a great teacher and have a great voice for tuorials!! I think I might have a go and see how much of it (if any) can be transferred to the Cougar?! Love the pattern site too!

7. Therese Aragona January 5, 2012 at 3:27 am #

Thank you Leo, this video answered a lot of questions!  Still trying to get that perfect cut, but I guess I’ll have to keep messing with it.

8. Denise Chavez January 5, 2012 at 6:40 am #

You were right!  Now I do want an eclips!  The possiblities are endless!  Excellent video, excellent site, excellent people!

9. Kathy W. January 5, 2012 at 10:50 am #

You all are such enablers!!!   hehehehe   I just couldn’t help myself.  I finally broke down and ordered mine just now! !   Oh what to tell husband.

10. Laura L January 5, 2012 at 6:45 pm #

Great tutorial! Waiting for mine to get here and will have to watch again.Loved the “cute” white outline of the tag too. Thanks for all you do Leo (and Mary)!

11. Alliellis January 6, 2012 at 2:05 pm #

Fantastic tutorial as usual. I have not got a Sizzix but would love one. The ecal looks great and the laser feature is amazing.

12. Amy (Aimitup) January 6, 2012 at 6:08 pm #

Great video Leo – thanks for the details explanation of P2C – can’t wait to give it a go!

13. Rochelle April 16, 2013 at 12:34 am #

Great video thanks….can I print and cut multiples…I need to make tags with printing on them for a wedding so I need to cut out 150 tags will I be able to do that

14. Joseph March 8, 2014 at 1:26 pm #

This is a really well made video. Good pace and lots of detail. I am wondering though if there is a tutorial (assuming it is possible) to print Imported JPEG files. All I get when I print is the Registration Marks, but no image. I’m trying to cut out some rocket ship birthday cards that I had made up, and printing with another program just ends up with slight differences in the size and location of the image. I’m hoping to use the Print-2-Cut feature to get these cards looking really clean. Any help?