Give your loved one, a friend or even your kids a unique gift this Valentine’s Day. Paper fortune cookies in a take out box with your own personal messages! This is a simple project that the receiver will love.
SVG Collections Used
- AC Cardstock
- Patterned Paper
- Sticky Gems
- Hot Glue
- Scotch Quick Dry Glue
- White Gel Pen
- Brown/White twine
- Blue grosgrain ribbon
- Blue ribbon (mine had holes already which made it easy to thread the wire through)
- Pop Dots
- Punkin’ Patch Stamps ”All You Need Is Love”
|Crush On You Boxes SVG Kit (Take-Out Box)|
|take_out_box.svg||11.300" wide||patterned paper|
|label_large.svg (cut 2)||3.300" wide||blue|
|label_small.svg (cut 2)||3.000" wide||patterned paper|
|The Green Room SVG Kit (Pool/Pool Table Box)|
|wood1.svg (break apart & use only the pool cue stick) (cut 2)||11.400" wide||light brown|
|Be Mine Valentines SVG Kit (XOXO Heart Valentine)|
|pink.svg (cut 2)||7.350" wide||blue|
|light_pink.svg (cut 2)||7.350" wide||cream|
|Buckles SVG Collection|
|heart1.svg||2.000" wide||dark brown|
|Love Me Do SVG Kit (Pennants)|
|pennant.svg (cut 3)||1.250" wide||blue|
|pennant.svg (cut 2)||1.250" wide||brown|
|Love Me Do SVG Kit (Love Album - Page 1/Front)|
|L_O.svg (just use the L)||1.172" wide||dark brown|
|O.svg||0.906" wide||dark brown|
|Love Me Do SVG Kit (Love Album - Page 3/Front)|
|V_bottom.svg||1.551" wide||dark brown|
|Love Me Do SVG Kit (Love Album - Page 4/Front)|
|e.svg||2.846" wide||dark brown|
|circle (cut 8-for fortune cookies)||3.750" wide||patterned paper|
- Cut all the files for the take out box and assemble the box.
- Cut the labels for the box and, if you choose, ink the edges.
- Cut out the rest of the files and ink if desired.
- If you have stamps, stamp your images.
- Run your wire through your ribbon or even wrap ribbon around the wire.
- Attach your wire handle. I put small buttons inside and attached the wire to them, so the wire doesn’t slip out.
- Attach the LOVE letters to your hearts and thread with twine.
- Tie these heart pennants to the wire handle.
- I inked white stitching on the letters with white gel pen.
- For the ”XOXO", I cut them in half, so I was left with 2 ”XO” ’s. These are glued on the sides on the box where the handle is. Twine is tied in the ”O”.
- Cut the pool cue and use these as chop sticks. These are ”woven” between the heart buckle.
- The heart buckle also has the white gel pen stitching.
- I tied a little twine bow onto one of the chop sticks.
- Tie ribbon around the take out box labels and then attach to the box. I wanted my box to have a front and back decorated.
- Add some gems in the corners, attach the heart buckle and chop sticks (I used hot glue for this) and any other embellishments you desire.
- On the back is where I added my stamped images. I made shadows around these stamped images which adds so much to them. If you have this stamp set, don’t forget to get your free stampables from Punkin’ Patch Stamps!
- Finding matching paper and card stock from one collection takes all the guesswork out of this project!
- Find some stamps that fit your theme and make a collage on the back.
- The ribbon I weaved the wire thorough, just happened to have holes already in it. Instead of a wire, you could just make a ribbon handle or even a decorative paper handle.
- Using pop dots gives a lot of dimension and character so everything is not just laying flat.
- The cookies were easy to make, but I am not sure if it was the paper I used or my folding, but some of them wouldn’t stay closed, so I just put a dot of hot glue in the middle to be safe.
- For the messages, I just printed them off my computer, and cut into strips. Then folded them in half and pushed into the cookie. My fortunes that I made are all funny ones, so the receiver will have lots of laughs.
This was a fun project and I hope you give it a try! It is super simple to make and can be decorated in so many different ways to fit your occasion. Don’t forget to add some chocolates or some other goodie to the box!!