Sizzix eclips Scoring Video Tutorial

Sizzix eclips

The Sizzix eclips has a unique scoring feature that has the potential to give your projects a more polished look! Instead of cutting perforated score lines, you can tell the eCAL software to score these lines instead! The Sizzix eclips scores by "lightly" pressing the blade against the paper instead of cutting all the way through! It's a very delicate cut that doesn't penetrate through the paper, and the final result is wonderful!

In this video tutorial, you'll learn the following:

• Importing SVG files
  • Viewing layers and sublayers
  • Showing and hiding layers
  • Selecting specific layers
  • Changing Cut Line Type (specifying if something should cut or score)
  • Deleting layer
  • Creating score lines using basic shapes
  • Changing Line Style
  • Editing Line Style
  • Specifying Dash and Gap values
  • Creating single-line score marks

7 Responses to “Sizzix eclips Scoring Video Tutorial”

1. Linda February 15, 2012 at 11:10 am #

Leo,
    Thanks for the tutorial. I do not own a Eclips, but love your tutorials. I did learn to use the escape key to end points of the draw tool for SCAL.
    linda

2. debi tullier February 15, 2012 at 12:41 pm #

Leo you are the bomb!!! dated huh??? well you are in my book…

3. Ruth Schiller February 15, 2012 at 2:23 pm #

Yipee!  That was one of the features of Eclips that I hoped to utilize.  I know I will use it often.

4. Lyn February 18, 2012 at 5:35 am #

Excellent Leo!  THANK YOU sooo much.  Scoring is my favorite part.  I can’t wait to see more of these.  I would love to learn more about the draw tool and smoothing it to cut nicely.

5. Allison Ellis February 19, 2012 at 8:02 am #

I love these tutorials. The eclips is a fantastic machine, and the scoring feature is one of the best features. Thanks for your help again Leo

6. Leimean March 6, 2012 at 5:52 pm #

AWESOME!

Just ordered my eclipse tonight and can’t wait!  Getting my files ready!

Thank you Leo!

7. Jean Heming April 29, 2014 at 7:31 pm #

Leo, Man u saved me again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.. Got an svg yesterday that was cutting where it was supposed to be scoring (dotted lines!!) Thanks for the aide once again….no wonder Mary loves u sooo much…thanks Jean