Who doesn’t love to whip up a quick and easy decorative piece? I love decorating for the holidays, and sometimes decorations can be pricey! You can make a whole family of bunnies (or even other animals!) with a few SVG collections and paper!
SVG Collections Used
- Adhesive (glue, adhesive foam, and hot glue)
- My Little Shoebox floral print paper
- Echo Park polka dot paper
- American Crafts solid cardstock
- Epiphany Crafts Shape Tool (round)
- Googly eyes
- Craft knife
Here are the exact shapes, sizes and colors I used. Size to the dimensions shown below. If chart only indicated width OR height, Use "Keep Properties" or "Aspect Lock" to size files.
|Happy Birthday to You Kit|
|Cuddly Animals SVG Collection (Bunny)|
|3D Mums and Fall Flowers SVG Kit (Extras Folder)|
|3D Bow - Free Download|
|bow.svg||4.275w||light blue polka dot|
|bow.svg||4.20w||light blue polka dot|
|Spring Bunnies SVG Collection (Tulip Bunny)|
- Cut and assemble the party hat. This will be the ’body’ of the bunny.
- Open body.svg and size. ’break apart’ and remove the ’body’. Cut everything but the arms.
- Weld a rectangle to the bunny arms that is about 3-4” wide and 1.20” tall. This will make the arms longer so they can stick out a bit.
- Cut the bows, flowers (6.svg), and tulips. Set aside.
- Assemble the bunny face and adhere a bow. It looks cute to curve the ’tall’ ear a little! Adhere to the top of the party hat.
- Using a craft kife, cut slits on the side of the party hat. This will be where you slide the arms in.
- Adhere tulips and bow to bunny’s arm. The ’tails’ on the bow were hand cut.
- For the legs, you will cut two strips 10.50” wide and 1.25” high. Accordion fold these every .50”. Adhere feet and then adhere to the inside of the hat.
- When using white on white cardstock (or any ’light’ colors) I like to ink my edges a bit to add some contrast some everything doesn’t ’blend’.
- Have fun making a ’family’ of bunnies.. a boy and girl, etc. The bow would be cute for a bow tie!
- Use foam adhesive to layer facial features and tulips for dimension.
I hope you enjoyed my cute little decor piece and it puts you in the mood for some fun spring crafting! This will look darling on a fireplace, shelf, etc! Try to use other animals as well! See ya next time!