These carrot boxes are just too cute! Stuff them full of candies or small knick knacks and give them to your family this Easter!
SVG Collections Used
- Patterned Paper
- Glittered Paper
- Bling – pearl, Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio Tool Round 14, and Scalloped Circle 25
- Dimensional Adhesive
|Santa's Train SVG Kit (Passenger Car)|
|box1.svg||9.3 W||Pink Patterned Paper|
|box2.svg||9.3 W||Pink Patterned Paper|
|Basic Shapes Library|
|rectangle.svg (panels for front/back, cut 2)||5.75 W x 3.75 H||Orange Patterned Paper|
|rectangle.svg (panels for front/back, cut 2)||5.5 W x 3.5 H||Patterned Paper|
|rectangle.svg (panels for sides, cut 2)||2.25 W x 3.75 H||Orange Patterned Paper|
|rectangle.svg (panels for sides, cut 2)||2.0 W x 3.5 H||Patterned Paper|
|Hippity Hoppity SVG Kit|
|carrot.svg (cut 3)||9.513 W||Orange Patterned Paper|
|green_accents.svg||9.513 W||Green Patterned Paper|
|Spring Bunnies SVG Collection (Some Bunny Loves Me)|
|yellow.svg (shadow layer in Properties Window)||4.1 W||Orange glitter paper|
|yellow.svg||4.0 W||Lime Green glitter paper|
|white.svg||4.0 W||White glitter paper|
|pink.svg||4.0 W||Orange glitter paper|
|Happy Birthday To You SVG Kit (Cupcake)|
|flower_petals.svg||5.815 W||Orange Patterned Paper|
|Handle (Not an SVG file, cut manually or use rectangle shape)|
|Orange strip (lengths to make 15")||1.0 W||Orange Paper|
|Green Patterned Paper (lengths to make 15")||.75 W||Green Patterned Paper|
- Cut and assemble main box.
- Cut and assemble carrots, fill with candy first.
- Cut and assemble flower.
- Cut and assemble ”Some Bunny Loves Me”.
- Attach two strips together to make handle to desired length, mine is about 15 inches long. Attach to sides of box. I added the Epiphany Crafts Studio scalloped shapes here.
- For the stem of the flower, I used ribbon. I made loops of same ribbon for the leaves. Attach this to the front of the box and then hot glue the flower in place.
- Use dimensional adhesive to attach the slogan.
- Tie ribbon on the handle.
- Fill box with grass and arrange carrots inside.
- Give away or enjoy yourself!
- Use some great Spring papers for this as Easter is a time for freshness.
- Ink edges. I always say it, but it makes a big difference!
- Use little things to make it special. Pearls, Epiphany Crafts Shapes, or something similar, ribbons, etc. These little bits take your project to another level.
- Add glitter. Some of my papers are glittered and I also glittered the edges of the flower. Pretty for Spring!
- Always take your time and be neat. There’s no rush and if you do, it can show in the final piece. You want neat seems and edges.
- I found to hold the flower securely, hot glue works best, but be careful not to burn yourself!
I had fun making this cute little box and hope you will give it a try. Give that traditional Easter basket a cute and fresh look! I hope you have fun making one for your loved ones!