SVGCuts For Beginners - eCAL, Silhouette Studio Designer Edition, Make-The-Cut

At some point in time, EVERYONE is new to SVGCuts and SVG files, but that hasn't stopped tens of thousands of paper crafters from creating amazing projects using our SVG files! Using SVG files with eCAL, SCAL, Make The Cut or Silhouette Studio Designer Edition is much easier than you think thanks to the extra work we put into creating our files! In the following video, we'll discuss:

• Downloading SVG Kits and Free SVG files
  • Unzipping SVG Kits (in ZIP format)
  • SVGCuts folder structure
  • Using the included PDF file
  • Importing SVG files in eCAL for Sizzix eclips
  • Importing SVG files in Make The Cut
  • Importing SVG files in Silhouette Studio Designer Edition
  • Using our YouTube videos to help with project assembly
  • Sizing multi-layered files in eCAL, Make The Cut and Silhouette Studio Designer Edition
  • Using shadows in eCAL

Video Tutorial

Learn how to make the Haunted Ferris Wheel, it's easy and anyone can do it! What is SVGCuts?

14 Responses to “SVGCuts For Beginners - eCAL, Silhouette Studio Designer Edition, Make-The-Cut”

1. Lani Stone August 1, 2012 at 8:46 am #

Can you import SVG files into the Silhouette Studio NON-Designer Edition?

• SVGCuts August 1, 2012 at 9:01 am #

No! You’ll need a copy of Designer Edition!

2. Tina Deziel August 17, 2012 at 1:42 pm #

Can you import svg files in to the cricut craft room

• SVGCuts August 22, 2012 at 8:32 am #

No you cannot. Cricut Craft Room does not support SVG files.

3. Linn Hill October 12, 2012 at 5:24 am #

Can Silhouette .studio files be purchased and converted to SVG for use on Cricut Expression using SCAL?
    Thanks,
    Linn

• SVGCuts October 16, 2012 at 1:48 pm #

No they cannot.

4. sarah mickelson February 23, 2013 at 8:57 am #

I downloaded a file and now I don’t know how to load it on my silhouette DE. Is there a how-to video somewhere or step-by-step instructions somewhere. I am on a laptop with windows 8.

5. Sonia July 13, 2013 at 6:11 pm #

Thanks for the tutorials!

6. Gay August 12, 2013 at 4:03 am #

Thank you I am new to this and very excited. What fantastic tutorials very easy to understand and follow. I can’t wait for my new KNK Zing to be delivered so that I can get started. Looking forward to these great file and many hours of crafting to come.

7. Brenda December 29, 2013 at 12:05 pm #

Just got a cameo for Xmas. There software doesn’t allow me to import your designs. I have make the cut, will that work or do I need to get the silhouette de? Waiting to get started

• SVGCuts December 29, 2013 at 7:15 pm #

You’ll need Silhouette Studio Designer Edition or Sure Cuts A Lot 3

8. Lisandre March 1, 2014 at 1:22 pm #

Got a Silhouette for XMas, SCAL 2 works great with Cricut but SCAL 3 does not work properly, always stop cutting at the beginning of each project. Guess I will need to buy the Silhouette Designer Edition…

9. Shawna June 9, 2014 at 12:28 pm #

I have had my Silhouette for a few years now and I love it. I initially used Inkscape to convert .svg to .dxf and it worked well but, took more time. I upgraded to DE Version 2.9 and had no problems initially but, now when I import an SVG from even this site, it says there are no cut lines on any shape. I try to highlight and use the cut style window but, the shape will not highlight. I know that Silhouette had issues with its newer versions but, not sure how to fix it. I put the same svg file into inkscape, converted it, and then it worked fine. I bought the DE version to avoid all the extra stuff though. Any help would be great! Thanks!