I just love taking seasonal cards and changing them up. A color switch, some added elements and you have a brand new card to give to that special someone. I took the Maple Forest Card from the September Scenes Stand-Up Cards SVG Kit and gave it a delightful summer twist.
SVG Collections Used
September Scenes Stand-Up Cards SVG Kit
Mothers Garden SVG Kit
Christmas Morning SVG Collection
Easter Morning Egg Hunt SVG Collection
Veggie Garden SVG Collection Part 2
Freebie Blustery Owl (Click To Download)
Patterned and Solid Papers
|September Scenes Stand-Up Cards SVG Kit – Maple Forest Card|
|dark brown.svg||9.17 x 5.501 h||dark brown|
|rear_background.svg||4.25 x 5.500 h||sky pattern paper|
|light_sage.svg||4.25 x 2.824 h||green pattern paper|
|dark_sage.svg||4.249 x 2.265 h||green glitter paper|
|dark_red.svg||8.501 x 2.427 h||green glitter paper|
|red.svg||4.251 x 1.419 h||green glitter paper|
|med_brown.svg||2.830 x 4.388 h||dark brown|
|Christmas Morning SVG Collection – Rudolph|
|brown_dark.svg||1.626 x 2.790 h||tan|
|brown_light||1.625 x 2.781 h||light tan|
|tan.svg||1.625 x 1.104 h||white|
|red.svg||1.628 x 0.202 h||black|
|hooves.svg||1.624 x 0.181 h||black|
|cream.svg||1.626 x 0.633 h||white|
|Mothers Garden SVG Kit – Glove Box|
|brown.svg||1.003 x 0.537 h||pattern paper|
|Easter Morning Egg Hunt SVG Collection – Bunnies|
|sitting.svg||0.857 x 1.390 h||white|
|Veggie Garden SVG Collection Part 2|
|morn_glories_middle.svg||1.513 x 0.649 h||pink|
|morn_glories_middle.svg||1.861 x 0.798 h||pink|
|Blustery Owl (Free SVG)|
|brown.svg||1.195 x 0.639 h||tan|
|yellow.svg||1.192 x 0.198 h||yellow|
|dark_brown.svg||1.191 x 0.736 h||dark brown|
- For the hole in the tree create a 0.623 x 0.888 (uncheck keep proportions) oval using a circle from basic shapes. Place the oval over the medium_brown.svg, (tree) select both, go to path and do a back minus front or join.
- Make another copy of the red.svg, (leaves), I used ten total.
- Make a copy of the sitting.svg, (bunny) and change its appearance to blackout.
- Cut all your pieces out.
- Assemble the owl first, he has to go in between the layers of the tree peeking out of the hole that was created.
- Follow the directions that came with the card to assemble. I didn’t use all the pieces but you surely can.
- Assemble the deer and bunny and glue to card.
- Stamp any sentiment that will fit inside.
- I cut the flowers in two sizes and placed around the card in the desired spots.
- Do the same with the leaves.
- Put gems on butterfly and attach to front.
- Emboss both tree layers, it will make them stand out a little more.
- Ink all or some of your edges, this will really make them pop.
- When dealing with small pieces I cut them on white cardstock and color them with markers. I use ProMarkers, they blend quite nicely and I love how the pieces look.
- I also use markers to add dimension. You can see in this card how I used them on the owl, trees and flowers.
I hope you get a chance to create my Forest Friends or go through your seasonal cards and projects and see how you can change them up!! -Brigit