With autumn coming, I’ll be swapping out my seasonal home décor and thought this fall window wall hanging would be a perfect addition. It’s really an easy project to put together and would make a lovely gift for friends and family.
SVG Collections Used
Caramel Apple Pie SVG Kit
Heirloom Pumpkin Flourishes SVG Collection
Crisp Days of Fall SVG Kit
Ryan’s Play Date SVG Kit
Autumn Cuddly Friends SVG Collection
Freebie Cornstalk SVG (click to download)
Freebie Scarecrow Eyes and Frame Top SVG (click to download)
- Pattern Paper
- Hot Glue
- Pop Dots
- Stem Wire (20 gauge)
- Glimmer Mist
- Wide Raffia Ribbon
- Hemp Cord
- Texture Plate
|Caramel Apple Pie - Crate|
|crate board1.svg||9.7 x 3.684 h||dark grey|
|crate board2.svg||9.7 x 3.684 h||dark grey|
|crate board3.svg||9.7 x 3.684 h||dark grey|
|crate board4.svg||9.7 x 3.684 h||dark grey|
|crate_optional.svg||9.7 x 6.080 h||pattern paper|
|Basic Shape - Rectangle|
|rectangle 1.svg||.3 x 8.25 h||pattern paper|
|rectangle 2.svg||.3 x 5.5 h||pattern paper|
|Caramel Apple Pie - Extras|
|acorn_bottom.svg||0.970 x 1.206 h||brown|
|acorn_top.svg||0.949 x 0.861 h||dark brown|
|oak leaf bottom.svg (bigger)||2.023 x 3.417 h||fall colors|
|oak leaf top.svg (bigger)||2.03 x 2.840 h||fall colors|
|oak_leaf_bottom.svg||2.803 x 1.643 h||fall colors|
|oak_leaf_top.svg||2.178 x 1.794 h||fall colors|
|Heirloom Pumpkin Flourishes|
|flourish 13.svg (3)||4.697 x 2.831 h||green|
|Crisp Days of Fall - Extras - 3D Sunflower|
|center.svg (3)||2.658 x 2.134 h||brown|
|petals1.svg (3)||2.658 x 2.667 h||yellow|
|petals2.svg (3)||2.658 x 2.655 h||yellow|
|Ryan's Play Date - Name Decor|
|box_short.svg||5.851 x 1.008 h||blue|
|box_tall.svg||5.344 x 1.077 h||blue|
|Letters - W, E, E bottoms||0.943 x 1.077 h||orange|
|Letters - L, C, O, M bottoms||0.943 x 0.985 h||orange|
|Autumn Cuddly Friends - Scarecrow|
|burlap.svg||3.525 x 7.844 h||light beige|
|dark brown.svg||4.582 x 7.844 h||pattern paper|
|black.svg||1.005 x 7.844 h||black|
|red.svg||1.896 x 7.844 h||pattern paper|
|shirt.svg||3.716 x 7.844 h||pattern paper|
|straw.svg||4.582 x 7.844 h||yellow|
|Freebie - Cornstalk|
|1.808 x 6.042 h||yellow|
|Scarecrow Eyes.svg||2.243 x 1.467 h||Print 2 Cut Print|
- Cut out crate board pieces and assemble.
- Glue each board together tightly to form a frame, set aside.
- Note: Steps 4-6 can be skipped by using the SVG included in the Frame Top SVG download from above.
- Ungroup the crate optional pieces and align to make a frame, the bottom one needs to go down about .09375 more to compensate for the boards being glued together. (Uncheck keep proportions on the two side ones and moved them up and then size down so when you Path and Union there are no seams).
- Make two rectangles one .3 x 8.25 and the other .3 x 5.5 and form a t centering them and grouping.
- Now center the t you just formed with the frame, Path and Union, should measure 7.917 x 10.739 when done.
- Glue the top frame you just created to the crate boards, (I glued two of the frame pieces together to make it sturdier, then glued on top of the crate boards).
- After I sized the scarecrow pieces I broke them apart and disregarded the pieces I didn’t need. I used the head, hat, hair, nose, mouth, one arm, sleeve and bandana.
- I did a print 2 cut for the scarecrow’s head and eyes. Make the head white or select Print2Cut Cut and for the eyes select print2cut Print in the select line type. (Or use the eyes that come with the scarecrow they’re adorable too).
- I cut raffia and glued it to the hair and arm of the scarecrow and then layered the hat and sleeve on top. I glue the rest of the pieces together.
- Glue the scarecrow on the back of the frame.
- Assemble the rest of the cutting files and place on frame.
- To hang the window poke holes on both sides for your wire.
- I used glimmer mist on many of my pieces to give it that uneven natural look with a little bit of sparkle.
- Hot glue is great for a quick and strong hold; I used it to glue the crate boards together.
- For most of my print 2 cuts I use white cardstock and then color with ProMarkers.
- The blocks for the letters are small so take your time gluing them together.
- I fringed wide raffia ribbon for the hair, hands and cornstalk ribbon.
- 20 gauge floral stem wire works very good for wall hangings, you can bend it easily but it holds its shape very well.
Hope you enjoy this window wall hanging and get a chance to create one just like it or with your own twist! Maybe a cute little ghost for Halloween or Santa peeking in the window seeing who is naughty or nice! Have fun with it!!