Happy Fall! My brother and sister-in-law recently moved from Pittsburgh, PA to the Sunshine State, leaving behind two precious granddaughters. I wanted to create something special for my sister-in-law’s birthday, so I made a DIY bulletin board and plan on sending her photos several times throughout the year to update. Here are her fall photos and I plan on sending Christmas photos very soon!
SVG Collections Used
- Stamps - Heirloom Traditions
- Wooden Tray
- Acrylic Paint
- Foam Brush
- Glue Gun
- Cork Squares
- Patterned Paper
- AC Cardstock
- Foam Tape
- Stamps (optional)
- Frame Holder (optional)
|Pick A Pumpkin SVG Kit - Extras Happy Fall Caption|
|happy.svg||3.501" w x 0.765" h||brown|
|happy.svg (shadow rounded 1.00)||3.898" w x 1.171" h||yellow|
|fall_bottom.svg||3.507" w x 1.997" h||dark brown|
|fall_top.svg||3.500" w x 1.827" h||gold|
|Pick A Pumpkin SVG Kit - Extras Black Eyed Susan|
|petals.svg||2.500" w x 4.392" h||gold|
|center.svg||2.500" w x 2.169" h||dark brown|
|Pick A Pumpkin SVG Kit - Extras Pumpkin|
|leaf.svg||3.256" w x 1.350" h||green|
|pumpkin_bottom.svg||3.253" w x 2.033" h||orange|
|pumpkin_middle.svg||3.252" w x 1.984" h||dark orange dot|
|pumpkin_top.svg||3.252" w x 1.966" h||orange|
|Crisp Days of Fall SVG Kit - Scrapbook Page|
|wagon_bottom.svg||7.000" w x 2.647" h||brown|
|wagon_top.svg||7.000" w x 0.771" h||dark brown|
|white.svg||4.000" w x 0.577" h||gold|
|pumpkin1.svg||4.000" w x 1.816" h||orange|
|pumpkin2.svg||4.000" w x 1.979" h||gold|
|pumpkin3.svg||4.000" w x 1.589" h||dark orange dot|
|Party On Elm Street SVG Kit - Extras Frame|
|frame.svg, Cut 3 total||3.975" w x 5.924" h||2 yellow, 1 dark brown|
|zig_zag_bottom.svg, Cut 3 total||3.944" w x 0.504" h||1 gold, 1 green, 1 orange|
|Stampables - Heirloom Traditions|
|crisp_days.svg||2.401" w x 0.430" h||yellow|
|leaves_are_falling.svg||1.801" w x 0.962" h||yellow|
|autumn_days.svg||1.902" w x 0.717" h||yellow|
- Pick up a wooden tray & cork squares. I purchased mine at Joanns – tray is 13.5” wide x 11” high, cork squares are 3.875” wide x 3.875” high and you will need 6 total. (Photo 1 & 2)
- Paint the tray with acrylic paint. I used white and applied with a foam brush. Feel free to change up the color to match the decor of the room. (Photo 3)
- Figure out placement of the cork squares on the tray and place down. I centered mine top to bottom and left to right. (Photo 4)
- Lift one at a time and hot glue them into place.
- Cut all the elements and assemble. Emboss and ink if you like. Add the photos to the cuts.
- Cut the stampables and stamp them, apply to other elements.
- Add ribbon and embellishments. Instead of using push pins I just used the brads and used those to secure the elements into the cork. In some cases I used foam tape (this can be easily removed when fall are replaced with Christmas photos)
- Package it up and make someone’s day or keep it for yourself and make your own day!
- Feel free to change up the color of the tray to match the decor of the room but keep in mind it may be best to keep neutral to match all the holidays.
- Embossing and inking the elements will add interest and texture.
- Pick up some fancy brads to use as your push pins.
I am really looking forward to updating the photos and already have my Christmas SVG Cuts files ready to go!