I loved the little squirrel from the Acorn Autumn set from the first time I saw him and thought he would make an adorable fall card.
SVG Collections Used
- Pattern Paper
- Burlap Ribbon
- Hemp Cord
- Google Eyes
- Antique Linen Distress Ink (Tim Holtz)
- Rusty Hinge Distress Ink (Tim Holtz)
- Pop Dots
- Scor Tape
- Punkin’ Patch stamps – Heirloom Traditions
|Caramel Apple Pie SVG Kit|
|card_base||8.600"h x 7"h||red cardstock|
|interior||4.015"w x 8.845"w||hexagon pattern paper|
|Acorn Autumn (Extras - Squirrel)|
|brown_dark||2.5"w x .630"h||black cardstock|
|brown_light||2.5"w x 2.480"h||kraft cardstock|
|brown_medium1||2.5"w x 2.895"h||brown cardstock|
|brown_medium2||2.5"w x 3.270"h||dark brown cardstock|
|hat||2.5"w x 2.005"h||red cardstock|
|white||2.5"w x .605"h||white cardstock|
|Acorn Autumn (Extras)|
|leaf_bottom (x 5)||1.5"w x .750"h||brown cardstock|
|leaf.top (x3)||1.5"w x .605"h||orange cardstock|
|leaf.top (x2)||1.5"w x .605"h||red cardstock|
|Acorn Autumn (Large Gift Bag)|
|circle_top||3.930"w x 3.500"h||teal cardstock|
- Cut out card base and interior layer. Adhere together.
- Cut squirrel. Ink edges on all brown layers and hat with Antique Linen distress ink. Use pop dots on the brim of the hat for added dimension.
- Add google eyes.
- Cut circle and leaves. Ink top layer of leaves with Rusty Hinge distress ink. Assemble leaves and glue onto the circle.
- Glue squirrel onto the circle.
- Cut tag, stamp sentiment and ink edges with Rusty Hinge distress ink.
- Adhere layers to card base. I used scor tape to adhere the burlap ribbon
- Take inspiration from your paper collections. I loved the color combination on this hexagon paper and based my design on that.
- Using pop dots, google eyes and burlap ribbon helped to add a lot of dimension and texture.
I hope you like my fun fall card! I love browsing through all the SVG Collections looking for card bases and elements that can be mixed up for a whole new look.