Adding SVGCuts' PDF Files To Your iPad

We all love our gadgets and we love to stay organized! In this tutorial, I'll show you how to transfer your SVGCuts' PDF files to your iPad! Save some trees, stay organized and be more efficient! Let's go!

Installing Apple's iBooks App

In order to view our PDF files, you'll need to install Apple's iBooks app from the Apple App store. It's free and only takes a few seconds!

1. Open the App Store application on your iPad.

2. Search for iBooks

3. Install the iBooks app by clicking the Free button. You may be asked to provide your Apple ID and Password in order to install iBooks.

4. Congratulations, you are half way there! Now that you have iBooks installed, you can begin transferring your PDF files over!

Adding PDF files to your iBooks Library

In order to transfer files to your iPad, you'll need to have your iPad plugged into a Mac or PC running iTunes. If you don't have iTunes installed, you can download it here: http://www.apple.com/itunes/

1. Open iTunes on your Mac or PC (make sure your iPad is connected to your computer)

2. Under the Devices section, click on your iPad

3. Click the Books option at the top of the screen and then click Sync Books.

4. Begin adding the PDF files by clicking File >>> Add To Library

5. Locate the PDF file that want to transfer to your iPad, highlight it and click Open. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to add additional PDF files.

6. Once you've added the PDF files, click the Sync button to transfer them to your iPad.

7. You've successfully transferred the PDF files to your iPad. Open the iBooks app from your iPad.

8. Click on the Collections option and select PDFs from the drop-down menu.

9. Congratulations! You did it! You can now click the PDF files to view them on your iPad!

10. Bonus! You can view your PDFs in alphabetical order by click on the list option located on the top right corner.

24 Responses to “Adding SVGCuts' PDF Files To Your iPad”

1. Terri Deavers February 8, 2013 at 1:09 pm #

Get out of town!!! Now I really wish I had an Ipad. :( This is awesome! Hugs!

2. Debbie phillips February 8, 2013 at 1:20 pm #

Hi Leo…..anything for Android???? Would live to be able to do this.

• SVGCuts February 8, 2013 at 5:35 pm #

Not yet! When we get our hands on an Android Tablet, we’ll be sure to do a tutorial!

3. Betsy Brown February 8, 2013 at 3:59 pm #

Thanks, Leo! I hadn’t thought of doing this! I have all my Cricut carts on my iPad, so this won’t be any more difficult to do this!

4. Andrea February 8, 2013 at 8:37 pm #

So the purpose of this is to keep track of your images????

• SVGCuts February 12, 2013 at 12:55 pm #

5. Tamara February 8, 2013 at 8:37 pm #

Woot! So excited to do this! Will be so much easier for me!

6. Maryann Davis February 9, 2013 at 12:00 am #

Would this work on a HD Nook or iPhone?

• SVGCuts February 12, 2013 at 12:55 pm #

iPhone yes, a process similar might work for the Nook, but this tutorial is of iOS devices only.

7. Gail Jones February 9, 2013 at 7:13 am #

Can I get then to my cricut from my ipad? I have a new ipad & just learning…. Thanks

• SVGCuts February 12, 2013 at 12:54 pm #

No you cannot cut to the Cricut with your iPad. This tutorial is just to show you how to transfer and view our PDF files.

8. Cindy February 9, 2013 at 4:41 pm #

Very cool. Would love to do this on my new tablet I just received for my birthday. I’ll be waiting for that Android tutorial!

9. Diann T February 10, 2013 at 11:29 pm #

i have a Samsung Galaxie – so waiting for the Android version….:)

10. Cindy Goodwyn February 11, 2013 at 7:55 pm #

Good thing I bought myself an iPad for Christmas. ;o) This is a wonderful idea!!! I will be doing this very soon. Thanks!

11. Mary Eisen February 13, 2013 at 3:28 pm #

Not only did I do this but I created a category called SVG CUTS and put them all under there and they are separated from my other PDF’s!!! Awesome Idea!!!

12. Kandy Buck February 14, 2013 at 6:37 pm #

I have been wanting to do this for a while, so i can get rid of my folders of papers but also it is easier to assemble projects when im not scrolling between screens when cutting. also, so I can remember what I have and have not yet purchased :) thanks Leo and Mary for taking such good care of your customers, it makes a huge difference when we are choosing where to spend our money.

13. Amy March 25, 2013 at 7:03 am #

You can send the pdf’s to your kindle as well. I am an ipad user but have also found a way to send the pdf’s to my kindle or kindle app (for android users).
    Here’s a link to the amazon tutorial

14. Julie Villeneuve June 8, 2013 at 8:00 am #

I’ve been using this on my IPad since Leo gave us the info and I’m still thrilled every time I look something up and don’t have to pull out the HUGE binders I had made! Guess it’s time for me to throw all those binder files in the recycling bin :)
    Thanks again Leo!

15. Az Anna July 10, 2013 at 1:45 pm #

I just tried this today and it doesn’t work like this anymore :-( Apparently, it’s an all new iTunes (11.0.4.4). I can find the Devices under the File menu, but every option (like synch, backup, etc is greyed out/unavailable. I do have my PC with iTunes plugged in to my iPad. Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong? Would love to make this work!!

• Az Anna July 10, 2013 at 1:48 pm #

Oh, gosh! Sorry! Apparently I had to restart iTunes to after plugging in. I’m synching now and will try the procedure. Please don’t publish my question! Sorry!!!

16. Louise Luna May 29, 2014 at 8:06 am #

Is it possible to download it directly to my iPad instead of having to go through the above mentioned process? I do have iBooks on my iPad and have downloaded other PDF’s directly to it.

Thank You!

17. Diania Kelley May 31, 2014 at 5:50 am #

I would LOVE to be able to download the PDFs to my IPad too. Is it possible? Fingers crossed

18. Diania Kelley May 31, 2014 at 5:52 am #

I meant to say ” directly to my IPad”. I have done the multi- step process but direct would be fantastic. I have downloaded other PDFs direct. Thank you,
    Diania

19. Julie October 19, 2014 at 3:14 pm #

Just transferred more pdf’s to my IPad from my PC and was worried that it would bug because of the new IOS update…but it worked just fine! So happy to have these pdf’s on my IPad.