Halloween Lamp by Leo Kowal

halloween-lamp-hero

As soon as I saw the lamp from our Maison de Madeline SVG Kit, I knew that I wanted to give it a Halloween twist! In order to do so, I had to modify the lampshade to replace the fleur-de-lis with Halloween related shapes and I've created a video (below) to show you exactly how I did just that!

SVG Collections Used

Maison de Madeline SVG Kit
Spooky Silhouettes SVG Collection
Vintage Halloween Party Bags SVG Kit

Supplies Used

• Graphic 45 Happy Haunting Paper
  • Orange Photo Gel (for the transparent portion of the lamp shade)
  • Black Trim
  • Scotch Quick Dry Glue
  • Glue Gun (to glue trim)
  • Sillhouette CAMEO and Sizzix eclips (you don't need both, just one or the other)

Video Tutorial

In this video tutorial, I discuss how to use various features in Silhouette Studio Designer Edition as well as Sure Cuts A Lot 3 to modify and customize the lamp from our Maison de Madeline SVG Kit!

Leo Kowal

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and learned a little more about your Silhouette Studio Designer Edition, eCAL or Sure Cuts A Lot software! If you have any questions pertaining to this lesson, please use the comment section below so that my answers will be available to everyone that visits this post!

7 Responses to “Halloween Lamp by Leo Kowal”

1. Pam March 28, 2013 at 8:42 pm #

Excellent tutorial ! thank you

2. Judi Markel March 28, 2013 at 8:55 pm #

Thank you Leo for the tutorial. I learned a little bit more how to change things with the files. I was thinking of doing lamps for the different holidays. Thanks again the the great tutorial.

3. LeslieZee March 29, 2013 at 7:13 am #

Love the tutorial, thank you for posting this. I was trying to figure this out for myself and got pretty far but this makes it so much clearer! Love the Maison de Madeline SVG Kit so much!

BTW, you have the perfect announcer’s voice, Leo. You could have a career in TV and radio if you wanted but please don’t leave us!!

4. Terry Wean March 29, 2013 at 12:12 pm #

I made a lamp for a little girl’s bedroom last night and did manage to put hearts on the shades but your tutorial opens up new possibilities. I sometimes forget to use all of the features this software provides. Thank you so much!!!!!!

5. Allison Borders March 29, 2013 at 1:19 pm #

Thank you for the tutorial! Your directions were clear and so much simpler than the way I do it. The software is amazing but only if you know how to use it! Thanks again!

6. Mary March 29, 2013 at 4:12 pm #

I’ve watched a lot of your tutorial videos, as I am in need of a new cutting machine. I really want a 12 x 12 mat. Do the silhouette cutting machines score lines like the sizzix eclips does?

7. Jill Long April 12, 2013 at 10:07 am #

Thanks for the tutorial. I plan to make one with flamingos for my sister.