What a sweet way to give a gift! Spring is here! Dust the old cobwebs off the ’Party on Elm Street’ treat cone and spruce it up for spring (or summer!). A simple project that will bring a smile to anyone’s face!
SVG Collections Used
- My Little Showbox papers and alpha stickers
- Light teal ink
- Teal eyelets (We R Memory Keepers)
- Teal thread
- Scoring board
- Adhesive (hot glue and regular)
- Sewing machine
- Light pink basket stuffing
Size to specified width and height. If only width is provided, size using "keep proportions" or aspect lock.
|Party On Elm Street SVG Kit|
|cone.svg||10.213w||yellow floral print|
|Poplar Street Tulips SVG Kit (Extras Folder)|
|trim6.svg||20.00"w||light blue polka dot|
|flag5.svg||7.75"w||light grey polka dot|
|Happy Birthday to You SVG Kit (Cupcake Container)|
|flower_leaves.svg||4.100"w||green (cut 3)|
|flower_leaves.svg||3.347"w||green (cut 2)|
|flower_leaves.svg||3.00"w||green (cut 2)|
|Hippity Hoppity SVG Kit (Basket)|
|handle.svg||11.00"w||pink stripe (cut 2)|
|Spring Bunnies SVG Collection (Tulip Bunny)|
|yellow.svg||8.434"h||yellow polka dot|
|yellow.svg||9.368"h||yellow polka dot|
|Spring Birdhouses SVG Kit (Gourd Birdhouse)|
|bird.svg||4.600"w||pale aqua blue|
|Free SVG File 3D Bow|
|bow.svg||4.600"w||blue polka dot and pink stripe|
- Cut and assemble the treat cone from Party on Elm Street.
- Size the trim6.svg files as stated in the dimensions. Yes, they will go off the mat, don’t worry about that! Once the trims are cut, adhere to each other. Smaller trim at the bottom. Adhere the trim to the inside of the cone carefully curving around the corners and making sure the trim is exposed at the top of the cone. Trim to fit. I used hot glue as it worked better to hold it in place than regular adhesive did.
- For the pleated trim, I cut two strips at 11” wide and 1.25” high. To get the look I used you will scor every 1/2”, 1/4”, 3/4” and 1/4”.Keep scoring in that pattern until the entire two strips are scored. Fold and adhere the strips together. With teal thread and a sewing machine, carefully stitch down the center. Adhere to cone with hot glue and trim off excess if needed.
- Cut and assemble the flowers. Cut leaves and adhere onto cone. Cut the bird and bees. Adhere bees to wire, then adhere behind the flowers. The wire makes them look like they are ’buzzing’ around the flowers! Really cute!
- Size and then cut the basket handle. This one is tricky as you will need to rotate it a bit until you can get it to fit at 11.00” wide on the mat. Cut two handles and adhere together. Attach to the cone with an eyelet. Cut and assemble the 3D bow and adhere to the handle.
- Cut the flag, fold and adhere over a toothpick or wire. You might not need to cut the flag so large, but I had to as I wanted it to fit the alpha stickers nicely. Adhere finished flag to cone.
- You’re done! Fill with treats and give to someone special!
- The Party on Elm Street treat cone is so versatile! You can use it for ANY season or theme! How pretty would these be filled with flowers and hanging from chairs for a wedding, baby shower, etc.? Use a pretty ribbon with a big flowing bow for the handle… and what child would not LOVE one of these? It would be a great favor for a birthday party! Cut them really small for a cute tiny treat holder! Or, even to decorate a Christmas tree! How fun would it be to cut mini treat cones and hang them on the tree filled with little treats as an advent?
- Choose colors and papers to fit your theme. Obviously you wouldn’t use pastel colors and bees on a Christmas themed cone. If you’re going to use a more bold patterned paper as the ’main’ paper choice (for the cone), then take it easy on the pattern choice for the handle, pleated trim, etc. Too many ’busy’ patterned papers on a smaller project tend to be overwhelming.
- It would also be fun to use googly eyes on the bees and bird! Especially for a child!
As always, I hope you’ve enjoyed this project! I know spring is almost over and summer is creeping in! But remember, this is just some inspiration to get your wheels turning for OTHER ways to decorate the Party on Elm Stree cone! Enjoy!