Here’s a great layout to capture a special moment with your Mom. You can make this for your scrapbook album and make one for for your Mom too. It would fit perfectly in a 12×12 shadow box and would make a great Mom’s Day gift.
SVG Collections Used
- Patterned and Solid Papers
- Ink Pads
- Foam Tape
|Memory Garden Designer Page SVG Kit - Imagine Page|
|frame_bottom.svg, break apart and delete all except outside cut||10.921" w x 7.648" h||yellow patterned paper|
|High Skies SVG Kit - Anchor Card|
|screen.svg||4.924" w x 10.552" h||yellow|
|panel.svg||4.924" w x 10.552" h||floral patterned paper|
|Battenburg Lace and Crochet Trim SVG Collection|
|doily.svg||5.372" w x 5.371" h||blue|
|doily.svg||5.372" w x 5.371" h||chipboard|
|doily.svg, shadow of 2.5 - blackout||5.372" w x 5.371" h||light blue|
|hearts.svg||11.528" w x .765" h||pink|
|hearts.svg, blackout||11.528" w x .765" h||cream|
|Smooth and Swirly Word Art SVG Collection|
|Mom - Floral|
|mom_top.svg||4.367" w x 2.037" h||blue|
|mom_bottom.svg||4.367" w x 2.106" h||light blue|
|mom_background.svg||4.366" w x 2.476" h||cream|
|blossoms.svg||4.393" w x 1.029" h||pink|
|berries.svg||4.366" w x 0.296" h||rose|
|I Love You - Plain|
|love_you_top.svg||3.422" w x 2.392" h||pink|
|love_you_background.svg||3.423" w x 2.487" h||cream|
|love_you_bottom.svg||3.422" w x 2.392" h||yellow|
|Mom's Garden Gifts SVG Kit - Gift Box|
|blossoms.svg||5.817" w x 5.135" h||pink|
|leaves.svg||6.707" w x 2.958" h||green|
- Select a 12 x 12 patterned paper for your base.
- After you import the large scallop shape, break apart and delete the inner elements – you will just want to cut the outside shape. Ink and adhere to your base.
- Cut the screen pattern and floral panel. Adhere on top of the scallop.
- Cut the doily, I recommend a solid stock. I used AC Cardstock which cuts perfect on my eclips. I also cut with chipboard. Adhere the cuts together. Cut a shadow, blackout version of the cut to place behind the doily cut.
- Add some twine around the edge. I used Trendy Twine. Add your photo to the center. Adhere to the layout
- Cut, ink and assemble the heart strip. Adhere the strip using foam tape. I saved a few hearts and accented the scallop, and the screen pattern.
- Cut and assemble the I Love You and Mom titles. I added some pearl accents. Add some foam tape under the cuts and add to the layouts.
- Cut the flowers and leaves. I bent the petals of the flowers so it will fit in my scrapbook. If you make a shadowbox there will be plenty of room keep them as is. Add the greens. I did not use all the flowers and leaves – save them for another project. Add some brads to the flowers and adhere the elements to the layout.
- Mix and match your patterned papers but make sure you cut the small elements out of solids.
- Take advantage of that border on the doily and add some twine or ribbon.
- Don’t forget to use foam tape to add dimension. I kept my inking to a minimum since i wanted the layout to be feminine.
Hope you enjoyed this layout and I hope you have a Happy Mom’s Day!