I created a fun Dad’s Day Layout to go along with my last design team project which was a Mom’s Day Layout. Make sure you snap lots of photos of Dad and the kids this Father’s Day and capture the memories. Swap out the title to create a layout for any occasion.
SVG Collections Used
- Patterned and Solid Papers
- Ink Pads
- Foam Tape
- White Pen
|Guy Cards SVG Kit|
|Just Cuz You Rock Card|
|you_rock.svg||3.300" w x 1.941" h||light blue|
|you_rock.svg - Shadow 1.50||3.300" w x 1.941" h||yellow|
|Cheers To You Card|
|ribbon.svg||3.600" w x 0.756" h||red|
|bracket_top.svg||9.082" w x 8.464" h||patterned paper|
|bracket_bottom.svg||9.934" w x 9.920" h||kraft|
|Attic Treasures SVG Kit - Extras Folder|
|sectioned_frame.svg||10.815" w x 5.532" h||orange|
|Five-Minute Cards SVG Kit|
|Thank You So Much Card|
|text_top.svg||2.000" w x 1.437" h||light blue|
|panel.svg||2.000" w x 1.679" h||yellow|
|Love Heart Card|
|heart_cutout.svg||2.022" w x 2.565" h||red|
|All About Dad SVG Kit|
|lid_tie.svg||2.494" w x 0.651" h||patterned paper|
|lid_tie.svg||2.968" w x 0.774" h||patterned paper|
|lid_tie.svg||3.216" w x 0.839" h||patterned paper|
|Happy Father's Day Card|
|text_happy.svg||5.888" w x 0.783" h||yellow|
|text_fathers.svg||5.888" w x 0.786" h||kraft|
|text_day.svg||5.888" w x 2.613" h||light blue|
|text_bottom.svg||5.888" w x 3.433" h||kraft|
- Start with a solid 12” x 12” card stock paper for your base. I distressed the edges with a sanding block.
- Cut another sheet of patterned paper 11.5” x 11.5”, ink the edges and layer on top of base sheet.
- Cut brackets. I distressed the edges of the bottom bracket and added some stitching with a white pen. Ink the top bracket and add both brackets to the layout. I offset to the right edge.
- Cut the frame. I distressed the edges. Add some foam tape before applying to the layout. It takes some time to do this but will be so worth it. The dimension really adds interest.
- Print and apply photos to the layout.
- Cut and assemble title and ties. Add ink to the ties and add foam tape before applying to the layout.
- Cut and assemble the Heart Graphic, add some twine and foam tape. Apply to the layout.
- Cut the You Rock title & shadow, add foam tape and apply. Cut journal tag and add journaling with a white pen. Apply to the layout and you are done!
- For easy matching use patterned papers from one collection. I used My Mind’s Eye – Boy Crazy Collection. Pick your solids to match the patterned paper.
- I used several elements from 3D and card kits – scope out each and every kit once it releases for possible scrapbook layout elements. That’s what I do! :)
- Stitch with a white pen or get out your sewing machine. When using your machine just make sure you don’t stitch through adhesive.