Angel ornaments are so popular and these handmade keepsakes are quick and easy to make. Give them to family and friends or as a teacher’s gift. I’m sure they will be well received and cherished.
SVG Collections Used
My Big Day SVG Collection
Christmas Ornaments SVG Kit
Candy Cherub Bears SVG Collection
Big Boutique Boxes SVG Kit
3D Wintergreens SVG Kit
Christmas in the Village SVG Collection
Gift Boxes SVG Kit
Free Wreath SVG File (7/18/13)
- Pattern Paper
- Hot Glue
- Pop Dots
- Trendy Twine
- Punkin’ Patch Stamps (Gingerbread Kisses)
- Epiphany Crafts 25 Tool and Epoxy
- Ornament Balls (1.4″)
- White Gel Pen
- Crinkle paper
|Christmas Ornament SVG Kit (Tree Ornament)|
|panels_upper.svg (3)||7.5″w||pattern paper|
|tree.svg (3)||9″w||pattern paper|
|Candy Cherub Bears SVG Collection (Lime)|
|My Big Day SVG Kit|
|banner.svg||2.295″h x 4.870″w||color|
|Free SVG File Wreath (7/18/13)|
|Basic Shapes Library|
|Big Boutique Boxes SVG Kit (Cube)|
|box_side.svg (4)||7.335″w x 8.945″h||pattern paper|
|lid_side.svg (4)||7.335″w||pattern paper|
|Basic Shapes Library|
|oval||4.910″w x 5.700″h|
|Wintergreen SVG Kit (Fern)|
|evergreen_ferny.svg||3.580″w x 4.315″h||green|
|Christmas Village SVG Collection (Holly)|
|holly.svg||2.385″w x 2.580″h||green|
|berries.svg||.875″w x .915″h||red|
|Gift Boxes SVG Kit (Tall Box)|
|bow.svg||11.555″w x 4.485″h||pattern paper|
- For the arms of the angel you need two Christmas tree bodies.
- Use the circle basic shape to cut out the top portion of the tree, position the circle over the tree, lining it up at the top score marks, select both shapes, for the Silhouette use the crop, for the eclips use intersection. Or you can cut the whole tree out and cut out by hand.
- Cut the rest of the pieces for the angel, assemble the tree as in Mary’s directions.
- Assemble the arms and glue the top layer pieces on.
- Heat your glue gun.
- With your scissor cut about a half inch to three quarters off the top of the tree, (angel body)
- Use your hot glue gun to glue the Christmas bulb to the top of the angel body.
- Hot glue the two arms to the sides of the angel body.
- Glue lace around the angel’s neck and use some twine or ribbon with a button to decorate.
- Glue the two wreaths together and glue a couple of red gems on top, glue wreath around Christmas bulb.
- For the banner I created an inside shadow layer and typed my sentiment and aligned inside.
- On one of the side pieces use the basic shape oval to center towards the bottom for the front cutout.
- Cut the front piece and glue some clear acetate over the cutout oval piece.
- Cut the rest of the pieces.
- On the side piece that connects to the front trim off some of the flap so you do not see it through the oval cutout.
- Cut out out all the embellishments and decorate.
- I used a red permanent marker to color clear gems for the berries on the wreath.
- I recommend using hot glue for the arms and head since these will be hung from a tree, you want a nice firm hold.
- I inked and curled each layer piece for the angel, it makes it nice and full and stands out more.
- For the holly and stampable I created layer pieces, adds a little more dimension and pop.
I hope you have enjoyed these Christmas angels as much as I enjoyed making them. So many different ways they can be decorated, add some feathers to the wings, ribbons, just have fun.