It is back to school time and I have a fun project to share with you. Here is a Back to School Teacher Gift I made for each of my sons’ teachers and filled the cartons with all sorts of goodies for the classroom including super-sized tacks, magnets, binder clips and paper clips. I also filled one of the cartons with a stash of candy. The other slot in the holder has pencils, dry erase markers and stickie notes. You can customize according to your teacher’s wish list.
SVG Collections Used
- Patterned and Solid Papers
- Ink Pads
- Foam Tape
- Glue Gun (optional)
- Sewing Machine (optional)
- Supplies to fill your project
|Surf Shack SVG Kit (Bottle Holder)|
|box1.svg||11.400" w x 10.890" h||brown|
|box2.svg||11.400" w x 10.694" h||brown|
|box3.svg||11.400" w x 8.126" h||brown|
|box4.svg||11.400" w x 8.126" h||brown|
|panels.svg||11.000" w x 6.512" h||cream patterned paper|
|box_bottom_handles.svg||11.400" w x 5.390" h||brown|
|liner.svg||5.250" w x 5.250" h||brown patterned paper|
|liner.svg||5.250" w x 5.250" h||chip board|
|accents.svg - CUT 2 TIMES||5.300" w x 4.236" h||light teal|
|School Days SVG Kit (Extras - Long Pencil)|
|wood.svg - CUT 4 TIMES||5.000" w x 0.357" h||cream|
|pencil.svg - CUT 4 TIMES||5.000" w x 1.323" h||light yellow|
|metal.svg - CUT 4 TIMES||5.000" w x 0.797" h||light teal|
|graphite.svg - CUT 4 TIMES||5.000" w x 0.311" h||black|
|eraser.svg - CUT 4 TIMES||5.000" w x 0.440" h||orange|
|School Days SVG Kit (Extras - Apple)|
|leaf.svg||2.699" w x 0.843" h||light teal|
|background.svg||2.699" w x 2.897" h||black|
|apple.svg||2.702" w x 2.755" h||orange|
|Spring Birdhouses SVG Kit|
|carton.svg - CUT 3 TIMES||11.000" w x 7.408" h||cream patterned paper, light teal patterned paper, orange|
- Cut and assemble all the bottle holder elements to form your base. Cut the panels, ink and apply to the sides. Cut the handles, ink and apply. Add some buttons or other embellishments to the handles.
- Cut the accents to the holder. I stitched them on my sewing machine to add some interest. Apply to the sides.
- Cut the pencil elements and assemble. I inked, assembled and applied foam tape before adhering to the holder. Place one pencil on each side.
- Cut, ink and assemble the apple and apply to the front with foam tape. I added a printed card with the teachers name and added a button.
- Cut the 3 milk cartons, fill and tie with some twine to finish them off. Place them in the holder. They fit perfectly!
- Fill the last compartment with pencils and pens and you are done!
- I used We R Memory Keepers Country Livin’ paper for this project. I not only used all the same collection but also used the coordinating solids. Keep in mind you don’t always have to use school themed papers – the cream colored patterned paper looks like notebook paper and worked perfectly.
- Since the apple is on the left side of the holder I added the buttons to the upper right to balance things out.
- Don’t have a sewing machine? Use a patterned paper for your accents or run them through an embossing machine.
- On my cartons I used hot glue to adhere the top portion that does not open.
- Need assembly help? Stop by the website or you tube to watch the assembly tutorials for the holder and cartons.
I kept this project very simple so I can create one for each of my sons’ teachers. My husband is a teacher and wants one, so looks like I’ll be making a third one! If you make this project please share on the Facebook page, I would love to see it.