Looking for a fun way to give some Halloween treats? Create a spooky door hanger. These hold about 10 of the Hershey miniatures and a gift card. These would make perfect treats for a teacher, friend or hang it on your neighbor’s door for a surprise.
SVG Collections Used
- Patterned and Solid Papers
- Ink Pads
- Foam Tape
- Sewing Machine (optional)
|B is For Birthday SVG Kit (Birthday Door Hanger)|
|hanger.svg||9.300" w x 10.000" h||orange & chipboard|
|hanger_panel.svg||4.400" w x 9.889" h||word patterned paper|
|box.svg||10.800" w x 6.781" h||green stripe patterned paper|
|chevron_strip2.svg||4.500" w x 2.973" h||word & orange skull patterned paper|
|Midnight Jamboree SVG Kit (Extras - Cat Face and Bat)|
|white.svg||3.023" w x 0.260" h||white|
|black.svg||3.023" w x 2.036" h||black|
|orange.svg||3.029" w x 2.361" h||orange|
|green.svg||3.023" w x 0.661" h||green|
|bat.svg - CUT 4 TIMES||1.409" w x 0.589" h||black|
|Party On Elm Street SVG Kit (Candy Wrappers)|
|wrapper.svg||1.294" w x 2.675" h||orange|
|liner.svg||1.294" w x 0.885" h||green|
|Area for Stamp|
|basic shapes||2.675" w x 1.294" h||white|
- Cut the hanger.svg. I cut mine out of orange card stock plus 1 chipboard to make it extra sturdy. Assemble by sandwiching the chip board in between the solids.
- Cut the hanger panel and ink the edges. I stitched mine on the sewing machine which is optional and apply.
- Cut the box.svg and stitch if you like. Assemble and apply to the hanger. I did not make mine flush to the bottom so I could add the bats.
- Cut and ink the chevron pattern, stitch if you like and apply to the box.
- Cut and assemble the cat files. Attach to the door hanger with foam tape. Cut the bats and apply to the hanger.
- Cut the rectangle and stamp the Happy Halloween sentiment.
- Add some twine, I used Trendy Twine and add a button, I used We R Memory Keepers.
- Cut the candy wrappers, layer and apply to the candy bars. For some of them I used the wrapper.svg file and did a break apart and deleted the face.
- Fill up your spooky door hanger and hang away!
- I used We R Memory Keepers Bewitched papers for this project. Be careful not to do too much mixing of patterns – it may look a little busy.
- When stitching do not stitch over adhesive. It may damage your sewing machine. Don’t be afraid to stitch on papers – it’s very easy to do.
Make someone’s day by creating them a spooky door hanger. Hope you are enjoying all these fun Halloween projects!