North Pole Express SVG Kit

north-pole-express-svg-train

SVG Kit Description

Create a "wow-factor" Christmas project! The North Pole Express makes an amazing centerpiece and/or gift. Create it out of any papers and colors - it doesn't even have to be for Christmas! Make it in more traditional "train" colors for a child's birthday or for a train afficionado. Fill each car up with goodies (all three cars of the train open up), or put electronic LED tealight candles inside the engine and caboose. You also get a sweet little gift box featuring a pretty 3D bow (suitable for using all year long). The Vintage Santa Card is nice and cheery, and could also be used on the front of a gift bag as well!

Dimensions

Each finished project measures as follows: Locomotive - 10" long, Coal Car - 5.5" long (small packages are 1.75 x 2.5 x 2" each), Caboose - eight inches long, Package - 3.75 x
5.25 x 4.25", Vintage Santa Card - 6.5 x 7".

Paper Collection

Vintage Christmas by My Mind's Eye. Train uses 20 brads total (they can all be the same, or you can use two large, one set of six and three sets of four). Train windows are cut from one piece of letter-sized vellum. Part of Santa's eyes (on the card) are colored in using a brown or black fine-tipped marker (tips and instructions included).

Official Trailer

Assembly Tutorial

Compatibility

SCAL2, SCAL3, ECAL, MTC, and Silhouette Studio Designer Edition. Each project can be made on any mat size, except for the Vintage Santa Card, which has pieces that are too large for a 12x6 mat.

Buy this file

8 Responses to “North Pole Express SVG Kit”

1. Pam November 11, 2013 at 5:56 am #

The minute I saw the sneak peak, I knew this would be a great collection!!! Love it! The jolly ol’ Santa is the best!! Thank you!

2. Marcy Bennett November 11, 2013 at 8:14 am #

Wow – this is just amazing! Spot on! The kits will be flying off the site! Congrats on another “must have” work of art!

3. jenn raven November 11, 2013 at 8:17 pm #

can the santa face be purchased seperately?

• SVGCuts November 15, 2013 at 11:37 am #

Hi Jenn,

I’m sorry, but it cannot at this time.

4. Laurie Payton November 17, 2013 at 3:39 am #

Do you or can you make an svg that would allow you to thread different sizes of ribbon?

Something like the sew ribbon tool from memory keepers?

5. Lynne November 19, 2013 at 7:56 am #

Just wanted to let you know that I am really enjoying the svg files, you are truly blessed and thanks for sharing your gift with us all. I was wondering if you and your team could maybe one day come up with a 3D school bus. I drive a bus and I just thought that it would be nice to give to the other drivers with a small gift inside. Thanks, Lynne

6. Sharon Chance December 6, 2013 at 1:57 pm #

is there an easy way to resize this, I have made the engine part and it is bigger than what I wanted I was thinking half the size it is now, but I am not that great at figuring out how to resize files and get all the right sizes.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Magnolialicious Holiday blog hop…. «Stamps, Paper, Ribbons n Things Stamps, Paper, Ribbons n Things - November 18, 2013

[…] All the wheels turn so the train can roll along, the engine and caboose have removable lids to pop your small gifts inside and the carriage has 2 little presents big enough to fit 3 Lindt chocolate balls in each. If you would like to create your own North Pole Express, you can purchase the SVG pattern here […]