As a collector and lover of snowman I am always trying to do something different. The snowflake in his belly is pretty cute and I have never seen one done this way.
SVG Collections Used
- 2 Blue Buttons
- The Twinery twine – Blue Shimmer
- Pop Dots
- DCWV Arctic Wishes
|Snowman Village SVG Collection (Classic Snowman)|
|body.svg (Cut 5)||4.959"wX6.362"h||White|
|Winter Bliss SVG Collection|
|Swirlies SVG Collection|
|Bicycle Built for Two SVG Collection|
|Basic Shape Circle (Plastic) Cut 1||4.130"wX4.130"h||Clear Plastic|
- Insert a circle (basic shape) cut at 3.468 in the body, use photo for placement. Cut all 5 pieces of the body. Glue 3 together, with your decorative cardstock on top and then glue the other two body pieces together.
- Glue the plastic circle to the 3 piece back. Glue carefully so that no glue gets on the plastic. Then glue those two pieces together, matching carefully, body is complete.
- Glue the snowflake in the center and on top of the plastic with VERY LITTLE glue.
- Cut 2 of the sea surf file. One of the file needs to be mirrored. Place them side by side, largest size to the middle and just barely lap them. Select all, choose path and union. The flourish is ready too be attached to the snowman base.
- If your button will allow it, weave the twine through the button holes and glue end on the back.
- Glue all other pieces as shown in photograph.
- When working with the feathers, I made one larger than the other and flipped so they are going opposite ways.
- Go very light with the glue to prevent curling. Especially when gluing the plastic. Try gluing and then immediately press and rub and it help distribute the glue evenly.
The concept of the plastic centers could be used for so many things. Think about a flower centered on a card. Or a tree in the center of an ornament. Hope you enjoy making this snowman, be sure to share the snowman or any other project using this technique.