Christmas is a time of cozy gatherings together as a family to make loving memories. I couldn’t resist this little “family” of nesting dolls from the Christmas Morning collection and knew they would make a sweet page accent for a Christmas layout. Aren’t they adorable?!
SVG Collections Used
- Foam Squares
- Solid and Patterned Papers
- Dark Brown Ink Pad
- Chipboard Buttons
- Decorative Brads
- Chipboard Sticker
- Layered Sticker
- Photo Corners
- Black & White Pearl Stickers in Various Sizes
- Journaling Pen
- Embossing folders
- Embossing machine
- Paper Trimmer and Scissors
|Winter Bliss SVG Collection (Frames)|
|stitched_double_top.svg||5.909" W x 7.562" H||Teal|
|stitched_double_bottom.svg||5.909" W x 7.685" H||Red|
|Christmas Morning SVG Collection (Nesting Doll - Santa)|
|robe.svg||2.726" W x 3.991" H||Cream Script|
|red.svg||2.726" W x 3.462" H||Red|
|skin.svg||2.726" W x 2.513" H||Skintone|
|white.svg||2.726" W x 3.991" H||White Pattern|
|(Nesting Doll - Mrs. Claus)|
|red_dark.svg||2.520" W x 3.855" H||Red|
|red_light.svg||2.520" W x 3.201" H||Dk. Red Pattern|
|skin.svg||2.520" W x 1.961" H||Skintone|
|white.svg||2.520" W x 2.077" H||White Pattern|
|apron.svg||2.520" W x 1.182" H||Dark Green|
|frames.svg||2.520" W x 0.394" H||Brown|
|glass.svg||2.520" W x 0.246" H||Cream|
|lips.svg||2.520" W x 0.565" H||Pink|
|(Nesting Doll - Snowman)|
|snow.svg||2.284" W x 3.494" H||White Pattern|
|cape.svg||2.284" W x 2.9" H||Olive Green|
|apron.svg||2.284" W x 1.071" H||Dk. Red Pattern|
|Christmas Cookie Party SVG Collection|
|tree_bottom.svg||3.351" W x 4.499" H||Black|
|tree_bottom.svg||3.351" W x 4.499" H||Dark Green|
|tree_middle.svg||3.351" W x 2.425" H||Brown|
|tree_top.svg||3.351" W x 0.723" H||Golden Yellow|
|Free Designs (Gift Tag)|
|tag.svg||2.613" W x 4.168" H||White Pattern|
|Free Designs (Holiday Captions - Jolly Caption)|
|jolly_bottom.svg||4.042" W x 2.470" H||Brown|
|jolly_top.svg||4.042" W x 2.306" H||White|
|jolly_top.svg||4.042" W x 2.306" H||Lime Green|
- Use 12” x 12” solid red paper as background. Cut a 12” x 2” strip of dark red patterned paper and adhere to top of page. Cut a 9” x 11” block of music sheet patterned paper and adhere 7/8” from right edge of paper and flush with the bottom edge. Add photo corners to the top two corners.
- Cut a 12” x 1” strip of plaid patterned paper. Adhere to bottom of page.
- Cut and assemble frames from Winter Bliss Collection. Adhere two 3.5” x 5” photos behind the windows of the frame. Adhere to page 1.5” in from the right edge of the page and 1.5” down from the top edge. Cut and assemble the Jolly Caption from the Holiday Captions Freebie layering the lime green layer on top of the white layer slightly offset. Adhere to bottom right corner of photo block. Adhere a chipboard pennant and layered sticker pennant to the top left corner of photo block. Tie a length of twine into a bow on a chipboard button. Adhere to sticker pennant.
- Cut two tags from the Gift Tags Freebie. Wrap brown twine through the hole several times and tie into a knot. Tuck and adhere underneath the left side of the photo block. Add your journaling.
- Cut and assemble the tree from the Christmas Cookie Party collection. Cut three golden yellow stars (tree_top.svg) and adhere together with foam squares. Add a yellow gem. Adhere tree to page. Cut and assemble the Nesting Dolls (Santa, Mrs. Claus, and the Snowman) from the Christmas Morning collection. Adhere nesting dolls to the bottom of page. Embellish, as desired, with pearl stickers, chalks, embossing folders, chipboard buttons, twine, brads, and gems.
- Embossing folders add pattern and texture to cardstock layers. I used a tree folder on Mrs. Claus, and a houndstooth folder on the Snowman’s cape to mimic fabric.
- Use chalks to shade the edges of the nesting dolls hair and face. A sweep of pink on their cheeks helps to bring them to life.
- Use pearl stickers as eyes and buttons on the clothing of your die cut figures.
- Add twine to buttons for added texture and a homespun feel.
- Use a mixture of solid papers and tone-on-tone patterned papers. I usually use one colorful pattern on my page and then everything else is very subtle. This helps to give the separate elements flow and keeps them from competing with one another visually.
- Help your title to stand out from the rest of the elements on your page by using an unexpected color. On this page, I used lime green for my title.
- Tags make great journal spots for scrapbook pages and are easy to tuck behind a photo or other page elements if you need more room for your design.
- Ink all edges of papers and die cut pieces with dark brown ink, if desired.
Wishing you a jolly holiday full of warm, homespun memories with dear family and friends! Happy scrapping!