“The best way to spread Christmas cheer is by singing loud for all to hear.” I don’t know about you, but the one thing that gets me into the holiday spirit faster than anything else is to sing along with my favorite Christmas songs. What better way to scrapbook your favorite songs or holiday performances this year than with this sweet angel from the Christmas Cheer collection?
SVG Collections Used
- Foam Squares
- Solid and Patterned Papers
- Ink Pad
- Gem Flourish Stickers
- Decorative Brads
- Flair Sticker
- Photo Corners
- Journaling Pen
- Embossing folders
- Embossing machine
- Paper Trimmer and Scissors
|Football Party SVG Kit (Scrapbook Page)|
|background_middle.svg||11.4" W x 11.4" H||Blue Polka Dot|
|background_top.svg||11.4" W x 11.4" H||Lt. Gray|
|background_top.svg||11.4" W x 11.4" H||Ledger|
|white.svg||6.8" W x 5.347" H||Dk. Teal|
|star_top.svg||4.7" W x 4.583" H||Teal|
|Christmas Cheer SVG Kit (Peace Angel Card)|
|angel_background.svg||7.6" W x 5.426" H||Green|
|cream.svg||4.5" W x 2.553 " H||Cream|
|body.svg||3.3" W x 1.973: H||Flesh Tone|
|white.svg||7" W x 4.521" H||White Script|
|trim.svg||3.2" W x 3.522" H||Dk. Teal|
|hair.svg||2.6" W x 1.506" H||Gold Pattern|
|horn.svg||2.5" W x 0.757" H||Gold Pattern|
|Christmas in the Village SVG Collection (Holly)|
|holly.svg||4.137" W x 4.472" H||Lt. Green|
|holly.svg||4.137" W x 4.472" H||Green|
|Christmas Cookie Party SVG Collection|
|poinsettia_bottom.svg||1.039" W x 0.716" H||Green|
|poinsettia_bottom.svg||3.106" W x 2.14" H||Green|
|poinsettia_top.svg||1.039" W x 0.802" H||Red|
|poinsettia_top.svg||3.106" W x 2.396" H||Red|
|scalloped_bottom.svg||6.047" W x 4.299" H||White|
|scalloped_top.svg||6.047" W x 4.299" H||Dk. Teal|
- Use 12” x 12” solid red paper as background. Cut an 11 5/8” x 11 5/8” solid green block. Adhere to page. Cut the blue pattern paper background (background_middle.svg) and adhere to page. Cut a 12” x 3.5” strip of striped paper and adhere to page ¾” up from the bottom edge.
- Cut the background_top.svg layers from Lt. Gray and Ledger patterned paper. Use scissors to trim away the bottom two rays. Adhere together, slightly offset, so that the light gray layer creates a shadow behind the ledger layer. Adhere to top of page. Add photo corners to the top two corners of the solid green block.
- Cut stars from the Football Party collection. Use a swirl embossing folder to deboss the top star. Add brads to the two small dark teal stars. Adhere to page.
- Cut and assemble angel from the Christmas Cheer collection. Add chalk to angels cheeks and use a pen to add her eyelashes. Adhere to page just below the center point of the star. Add gem flourishes around angel.
- Mat a 5” x 5” and 5” x 3.5” photos with white and green cardstock. Adhere square photo to page 0.75” in from the right edge of the page and 2.75” down from the top edge. Adhere the 5” x 3.5” photo 0.75” in from the left edge of the page, and about 1” up from the bottom edge.
- Cut two holly leaves from the Christmas in the Village collection using two different solid green papers. Adhere together, slightly offset, to create a shadow effect. Adhere to the bottom right corner of the square photo.
- Cut and assemble the poinsettias from the Christmas Cookie Party collection. Embellish the center of the flowers with yellow gems. Adhere the large flower to the holly flourish accenting the square photo, and adhere the small flower on the hair of the angel.
- Cut scalloped journal block from the Christmas Cookie Party collection. Layer and adhere together. Add journaling. Adhere to page underneath the square photo, tucking the top half of the journal block underneath the photo.
- For variety and interest, use a mixture of embossing and debossing on your die cuts.
- Use a gem flourish to mimic the beautiful sounds coming from the angel’s trumpet.
- Instead of a die cut flower center, try adding embellishments, like buttons, brads, or gems.
- Frame die cuts make perfect journaling spots for scrapbook pages.
- Select one patterned paper with multiple colors to inspire the color scheme for your page. For example, on this page I used the colors in the striped paper to select the papers I used on the rest of the page.
- Create balance on your page by repeating colors across your page design. On this page the white and teal journal spot balances the white and teal starburst at the top of the page. The red poinsettia in the angel’s hair balances the red poinsettia accent on the corner of the main photo. The silver flair sticker at the bottom of the page repeats the silver tone of the gems and gem flourish stickers, and so forth.
Music is such an integral part of the holiday season. I hope this has inspired you to create a page or two in your scrapbook this year to record your favorite, musical memories. Merry Christmas!