Here’s a fun Christmas project using SVG Cuts and felt. These were so easy to make I didn’t even have to use my sewing machine, just some Heat and Bond and hand stitching Wouldn’t these make a cute Teachers gift!
SVG Collections Used
- Heat and Bond – No Sew Ultra Hold
- Heat and Bond – Sewable Lite
- Trendy Twine
- Enamel Dots
- Fabric Glue
- Pom Poms
|Merry and Bright SVG Kit (Cardinal Skating Card)|
|accent_color.svg||11.635"w x 5.5"h||white|
|cream.svg||4.135"w x 1.575"h||cream|
|green.svg||5.170"w x 1.805"h||green|
|orange.svg||.645"w x .665"h||orange|
|red.svg||5.430"w x 4.660"h||red|
|red_light.svg||3.230"w x 1.800"h||red|
Gingerbread Man Ornament
|Warm Gingergread Cards SVG Kit (Gingerbread Man Card)|
|red.svg||4.150"w x 3.175"h||red|
|white.svg||5.020"w x 5.5"h||white|
|gingerbread_flat.svg||4.135"w x 5.5"h||brown|
Peppermint Candy Ornament
|Clara's Christmas Eve SVG Kit (Peppermint Card)|
|card_base.svg||6.355"w x 8.655"h||white|
|red.svg||3.810"w x 3.760"h||red|
|green.svg||4.430"w x 4.315"h||green|
|Everday Winter Cards SVG Kit (Snowman Card)|
|white.svg||11.570"w x 7.460"h||white|
|carrot.svg||.525"w x .465"h||orange|
|hat_mittens.svg||3.365"w x 3.70"h||blue|
|accents.svg||3.365"w x 2.070"h||blue|
- Each base piece I duplicated and mirrored it, so you have a front and back.
- Follow the heat and bond directions, you’re basically ironing the heat and bond onto the felt, no steam.
- The top layers I used the no sew heat and bond and for the bottom base pieces the sewable since I was stitching them together.
- Make sure you have a sticky mat, you want the fabric to stick down good.
- Peel off the backing and place the heat and bond side down on your mat.
- I used my Silhouette, blade 10, speed 2 and pressure 33, double cut, it cut very good, some spots I had to pull and use a scissor a little but not bad.
- I ironed the top layers piece by piece onto the front base piece of each ornament.
- Do any sewing of embellishments before you sew them closed.
- Start sewing around and before closed all the way stuff with fiberfill add your ribbon or twine to hang and finish sewing them up.
- I used fabric glue for some of the embellishments.
- The slower the speed the better the felt cut.
- I used buttons and enamel dots for eyes, instead of cutting out the smaller pieces.
- I think sewing each layer would look very cute too
I really enjoyed making these, it’s so fun to do different things with your cutting machine and SVG Cuts. The possibilities are endless.