I'm so happy that you're here for my magical holiday celebration! Using SVG Cuts files from various kits and collections (no altering/just resizing), I created an elegant dinner party setting that will hopefully inspire you to create your very own. You no longer have to hit the stores to find that perfect party décor – as you can fully customize the colors, the style, and even create the exact amount for the number of people you are expecting!
SVG Collections Used
Bicycle Built for Two SVG Collection
Santa’s North Pole Workshop SVG Collection
3D Wintergreens SVG Kit
Battenburg Lace and Crochet Trim SVG Collection
Silent Night SVG Kit
Christmas Gift Bags SVG Kit
Doilies SVG Collection
Christmas Ornaments SVG Kit
Stars and Stripes SVG Kit
Caramel Apple Pie SVG Kit
Free SVG file – Party Crackers
- Patterned Paper (October Afternoon Silent Night)
- Cardstock (American Crafts and Bazzill)
- Chalkboard Paper (Canvas Corp)
- Glitter Paper (American Crafts POW)
- Gold Star Kraft Paper (Studio Calico)
- Twine (Twinery: Platinum Shimmer, Gold Shimmer and Red Shimmer)
- Paint (vintage white and glitter)
- Wire (silver and black 16 gauge)
- Enamel Dots (My Mind’s Eye)
- Glitter Dots (I-rock Imaginisce)
- Clothespins (30 mini and 6 large, Canvas Corp)
- Stamps (Unity Stamp Company: Just my type, Winter Tortellini & Spinach Soup, Snowflakes Fall From Heaven)
- Circle Punch (small diameter to string through twine)
- Sewing Machine
- Paint Brush
- Fishing Line
- Foam Adhesive
- Scotch Quick-dry Glue
- Hot glue gun
- Lantern accents (pine cones, mini cinnamon stick, bells)
- Party Invitation: Use the Layered Square from Bicycle Built for Two SVG Collection to create a 5×5 card. So simple! The Shimmer twine was wrapped around the vertical banner and tied into a bow before adhering. Attach a bell with hot glue. The double frame was adhered using foam tape to add dimension. If you wish to print your sentiment rather than handwriting or using stamps like I have done, you just need to follow these simple steps. Make ‘templates’ similar to the ‘Photo Templates’ Mary explains in various kits to create a frame guiding you where to place the paper to get the perfect cut. Cut out a shape on a piece of paper, lift off the inside cut out, and without moving the paper, carefully insert the sentiment printed sheet underneath framing the sentiment. Lift off the top paper and cut. For the ‘Eat. Drink. Be Merry.’, I simply printed a black background on white cardstock with white font and added some chalk smear for a chalkboard effect.
- Merry & Bright Banner: Enlarge the banner1.svg, banner2.svg and frame2.svg from Bicycle Built for Two SVG Collection (change to vertical orientation) to a desired size and cut. For my letters, I used Credit Valley Font to cut in glitter paper and created a shadow in cream to make the letters ‘pop’. Adhere a snowflake from Santa’s North Pole Workshop SVG Collection and top it off with a bell in the center. Attach clothespin on each side of the pennant and use jute twine and shimmer twine to hold up the banner. (I found it helps to glue the clothespin at the back to add sturdiness)
- Snowflake Garland: These are easy to make and adds so much to a party! Cut as many snowflakes in a desired size from Santa’s North Pole Workshop SVG Collection. Using a craft circle punch, make two holes opposite from each other on the snowflake. String through the snowflakes with Shimmer twine and suspend them between the walls. If you do not have a punch, you may add the circle cut outs to be cut on your machine.
- Pinecone Place Cards: Enlarge the pine cone from 3D Wintergreens SVG Kit, cut and assemble. Paint the tips with white paint, let it dry and finish off with a glitter paint to add sparkle. Using a large clothespin, clip the bottom portion of the pinecone so it stands up and tie the bottom with a Shimmer twine bow. Make a slit at the top of the pinecone using a craft knife and insert your personalized name banner, using a chalkboard cardstock, alphabet stamp, and white ink (this was hand cut).
- Cutlery Envelope: Set your cutlery inside this fancy holder to impress your guests! Simply cut 5”w by 10”w with a pretty cardstock and sew on a 5”w by 5.5”w sheet of vellum for the top layer. I added on a lace trim from Battenburg Lace and Crochet Trim SVG Collection on the vellum before sewing onto the backing piece. I added a sentiment stamp, Shimmer twine, and a bell to ‘jazz’ it up.
- Poinsettia Crackers: Can you believe that the file for these pretty party crackers is FREE? I love using them for various occasions. Here, I dressed up these crackers with corrugated paper, Shimmer twine, and a spindly poinsettia from 3D Wintergreens SVG Kit.
- Wreath Napkin Rings: Reduce size, simply cut and assemble the wreath.svg from Silent Night SVG Kit. These already have so much detail and dimension that it doesn’t need much more to dress it up. I added Shimmer twine bow and attached them onto a paper strip ring.
- Cardinal Wine Glass Rim Topper and Coaster: Mini cardinals were made using the Cardinal Hideaway bag from the Christmas Gift Bags SVG Kit. A small slit was made at the bottom and adjust the slit width to fit your glasses. Don’t make the slit too wide as it will not hold its position. A mini doily from Doilies SVG Collection makes elegant coasters in no time! Size the doilies making sure that it is bigger than the base of the glasses you’re using for your party. You can also add names of the guests on each of the cardinals to use as wine 'markers'.
- Etched Snowflake Wine Glasses: See Winter Wonderland Etched Wine Glasses blog post for detailed instructions.
- Tree Ornaments: Make some beautiful ornaments that coordinate with your party theme and hang them on a miniature store bought tree to create a stunning dinner centerpiece! The Ball Ornament from Silent Night SVG Kit and Spindle Ornament from Christmas Ornaments SVG Kit were used here. Simply add some Shimmer twine, glitter dots and a bell for a festive look! You may use the commercial ornament hangers or simply make them out of wire or use twine to hang them on the tree.
- Table Lanterns: Add a bit of a glow to your dinner table by adding in some luminaries. I used a lantern from the Stars and Stripes SVG Kit and accented with ferny evergreens from 3D Wintergreens SVG Kit, Shimmer twine, and a bell. Inside is a LED flameless candle surrounded by pinecones, mini cinnamon sticks, and bells.
- Crate Party Favors: Adjust the size of the crates from Caramel Apple Pie SVG Kit to make mini sized ones. I stamped a sentiment on the chalkboard cardstock and adhered on using a clothespin. Fill them up with bags of cookies tied up with shimmer twine and a tag for a special gift your guests can take home.
- For your theme, decide on your color palette and find coordinating papers. You may also find a paper collection that you love and work with the colors used in the set. Either way – stick to the same colors and papers throughout for a uniform look.
- Choose your ‘accent’ embellishments. Pick a few items that will be used consistently throughout your décor to make them ‘pop’. I chose Shimmer twine, bells and clothespins.
- For each of the items that you make, keep them simple! Holiday season is busy enough already – don’t spend too long adding excessive detail onto each of the pieces. It is time consuming and adds to your stress. If you DO have time, there are other fun items that you can always add, like food labels and cupcakes with liners and toppers.
- With SVG Cuts files, you can fully customize with images from various collections. You may want to keep your projects simple and avoid all tiny cuts and paper piecing by simply doing a print and cut of the images.
- You may want to create your own party but not too sure about how much paper you’re going to use? Another option is to use digital papers. You can print as many as you need, and if you do make a mistake, it’s not a big deal!
Thank you for coming to my party! I hope that you enjoyed my projects and have been inspired to create your own one-of-a-kind celebration. It’s so much fun to make and a perfect way to make your guests feel special. Happy Holidays!