Many of our friends have been digging out from the polar vortex this winter. What better way to remember such a unique event than with a wintry scrapbook page, featuring the abominable snowman from the Christmas Cuties collection?! He even has a sweet bunny friend to keep him company.
SVG Collections Used
- Foam Squares
- Solid and Patterned Papers
- Teal and Light Brown Ink Pads
- Baker’s Twine
- Enamel and Floral Brads
- Enamel Dots
- Wood Veneer Die Cuts
- Blue Letter Stickers
- Kraft Mini Letter Stickers
- Black Pearl Stickers
- Journaling Pen
- Washi Tape
- Computer generated journaling
|Winter Bliss SVG Collection (12x12's)|
|tree.svg||11.552" W x 11.552" H||Blue Pattern|
|Christmas Cuties SVG Collection (Abominable Snowman)|
|body.svg||2.970" W x 4.355" H||Teal|
|eyes_and_teeth.svg||0.754" W x 4.374" H||White|
|fur.svg||3.058" W x 4.371" H||Teal Pattern|
|Hippity Hoppity SVG Kit (Hippity Hoppity Card)|
|bunny.svg||9.808" W x 1.603" H||White|
|Christmas in the Village SVG Collection (Snowflakes)|
|flake1.svg||1.424" W x 1.644" H||White|
|flake2.svg||1.956" W x 2.259" H||White|
|flake3.svg||0.858" W x 0.970" H||White|
|Robin's Return SVG Collection|
|notebook_page.svg||5.500" W x 7.400" H||Ledger Pattern|
- Use 12” x 12” kraft patterned paper as background. Cut an 11.5” x 11.5” square of soft red patterned paper and adhere to background. Cut an 11.25” x 11.25” square of teal watercolor patterned paper and adhere to page.
- Cut the trees frame from soft teal patterned paper. Use scissors to trim the bottom scene portion from the outer frame. Use a trimmer to cut off the bottom portion of the inner shape approximately 4” from the bottom of the shape. Adhere the trimmed inner portion to the page 1.5” from the bottom edge. Overlapping the first shape, adhere the trimmed outer frame piece to the page 0.75” from the bottom edge. Use scissors to trim excess from each side. Add a strip of washi tape along the bottom of the page.
- Mat a 3.75” x 5.5” photo with teal cardstock leaving a 1/8” edge. Mat again with kraft patterned paper leaving a ¼” edge. Adhere to top right corner of page 1” from the top edge and a little more than 1” from the right edge of the page.
- Cut the Robin’s Return notebook page. Adhere to the left of the photo about 1” from the top edge of the page. Add title to the top of the notebook page using a mixture of letter stickers. Add brad to title as an accent, if desired.
- Mat two 2.5” x 3.5” photos with teal cardstock. Wrap the vertical photo with a length of baker’s twine. Adhere to page as shown. Add a tab and word sticker to the top left corner of the vertical photo.
- Cut and assemble the Christmas Cuties Abominable Snowman. Add blue chalk to enhance the figures fur, if desired. Add black pearl stickers to the eyes for pupils. Adhere to page with foam squares.
- Cut and assemble the Hippity Hoppity Bunny. Use pink chalk to add color to the bunny’s cheeks and ears. Add an enamel dot nose and mini black pearl stickers for the eyes. Tie a piece of baker’s twine into a bow and adhere to the bunny’s chin. Adhere bunny to page with foam squares. Adhere wood veneer die cut caption to page above the bunny, overlapping the photo.
- Use computer and printer to generate journaling. Adhere to the right of the bunny.
- Cut the Christmas in the Village snowflakes. Adhere wood veneer asterisks and enamel dots to snowflakes, as desired. Adhere snowflakes to page.
- Add decorative floral brads and enamel brads to the bottom of the page along the edge of the washi tape and as accents to the journaling block and SVG Cuts figures.
- Enhance your die cuts by layering other embellishments from your stash on top of them to create more dimension. For example, on this page, I added flower/asterisk wood die cuts and enamel dots to each of the snowflakes for a new look. Ink all edges of papers and die cut pieces with dark brown ink, if desired.
- Add life to a monochromatic layout by peppering it with an unexpected color. On this page, I used the color pink to accent the snowflakes.
- Enlarge journaling shapes, such as the Robin’s Return notebook page, to use as layers in your page design.
- Don’t be afraid to use your scissors to change a shape to fit your needs. Here I cut apart the Winter Bliss 12 x 12 tree frame to create a layered forest scene.
January is a month that a many of us start dreaming for warm, spring day, but it’s also a great time to cozy up inside and get caught up on a little memory keeping. I hope I have inspired you pull out your supplies and record a few of your family’s memories. Happy scrapping!